Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sry to repost..not sure where to put this.

to add to my list of annoying problems.. :(

Ive now noticed this clicking noise from the front of my car, when i hit a bump or use the brake or sometimes when i just drive fastish, i here this "click" and it sounds like something is hitting something..i was thinking maybe the hood was open and slamming down but nope its shut..windshield wiper hitting the winshield? dont think so..idk :confused: Anyone have this problem on a 06 B9 or other b9s??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sound like same problem on my Beca. My understanding would be shocks, but I'm not sure. Had notime to show to mechanic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let know what it's it. I'm wondering to. Car is stable on the road in any condition, but banging sound annoying me to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tribeca_06 said:
sry to repost..not sure where to put this.

to add to my list of annoying problems.. :(

Ive now noticed this clicking noise from the front of my car, when i hit a bump or use the brake or sometimes when i just drive fastish, i here this "click" and it sounds like something is hitting something..i was thinking maybe the hood was open and slamming down but nope its shut..windshield wiper hitting the winshield? dont think so..idk :confused: Anyone have this problem on a 06 B9 or other b9s??
This problem is normal in alls Tribeca

·
Registered
36 Posts
^ ^ agreed...

I dropped mine off at a shop near me that works on Subies (with my new bushings) and they called and said they think it's my endlinks... so they didn't replace them till I got some new ones.

I still haven't done it. The sound is annoying but hasn't caused any issues so at some point I'll get some endlinks and do them both.

·
Registered
63 Posts
so the "front end " noise came back after having had bushings replaced about 18 months ago and control arms a year ago, the subaru rep was at the dealer and said it needs the new bushings and a new redesigned stabilizer link, the noise is better but not gone but now there is a knocking noise whenever I brake hard (or sometimes not even that hard) and you come off the pedal, whats that about? Going back to dealer when I have time off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
well the clunking noise over bumps is still there, maybe better, but a knocking noise on braking which is what prompted my visiting the dealer a year ago and got me new brake job and control arms is now found to be from an engine mount weld failure! its in the body shop right now.
meanwhile I have the dealer gave me a caddy DTS to drive in! its actually quite nice for a boat though the last big boat I drove was a lincoln towncar a quarter century ago. but the mileage is as bad as a tribecas!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did they cover your enginemount weld under warranty? if not how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
They wouldnt cover it under mine. I think i will try another dealership to see if they can get it covered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you have the Subaru Gold Added Security or one of the other powertrain only extended warranties or even an aftermarket one??

Dealers do make a difference. I had an issue with my WRX and the dealer said fuel lines were not covered by my Gold SAS as its a "hose", I called SOA to complain and half an hour later the dealer called back to say it would be covered. It actually also became a recall issue a year later.

You may want to call SOA and clarify if its covered by your warranty and then tell the dealer SOA says its covered. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be covered if its a Gold SAS warranty, its not a wear item by any stretch of the imagination. Even if you have another SAS warranty calling SOA may get you a goodwill gesture as it seems to be a known problem and subject to a TSB according to my dealer.

OT but all my calls to SOA in NJ over the years have produced great results. They even get back to you when they say they will, may take a while but they also tell you that - unlike VW who just lie about when they will call, why they didn't call when they said they would and then not pay anything till they have to fix it under a recall! They should just be like Ford -we can't do anything for you - goodbye. That I can at least understand! Until they get a class action lawsuit from thousands of irate Ford owners and then extend your warranty to 100K! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My front end is also having the same issue. I'm about to bring it to the dealer in a week or two, but unfortunately my warranty expired last year. Does anyone know the ballpark cost for this fix? :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts