Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all,
Just picked up a diamond grey 09 ltd 7-passenger, it was a subie program car (there's probably 10+ tribecas in the area that dealers bought out of the subie program, all are 09, loaded but no nav/dvd and miles between 8-13k).

Love it so far, looking forward to a long life out of it.

I was hoping for a bit larger mod community but I'll make the most of what's available. Glad to find this forum.

Here's what I'm planning so far:

1) k&n filter (installed)
2) plug intake resonator, if it's not too loud then
3) mud flaps
4) body side molding
5) door edge guard (that curve on the rear door can poke an eye out)
6) rear view camera... any suggestions?
7) any other suspension/performance mods worth doing..

cheers
--sigmead

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome. Yes this is a small, but very resourceful community.

1) k&n filter (installed) It that one of those that you have to clean and re-oil?
2) plug intake resonator, if it's not too loud then. Are you just looking to make noise?
3) mud flaps IMO, the OEM flaps do nothing. Look into aftermarket for those
4) body side molding Some members have them here in black and body color. I didn't get it b/c I don't feel like waxing around them and the B9 looks fine w/o them.
5) door edge guard (that curve on the rear door can poke an eye out) I actually hate those guards. Just one more thing for dust and debris to get stuck under and when you take them off, the paint is typically scratched.
6) rear view camera... any suggestions? Hmm. w/o OEM nav you're gonna have to mount another LCD. I believe Karen already did this. Search for her thread.
7) any other suspension/performance mods worth doing.. At the moment and I doubt there ever will be, there aren't any performance mods for Tribecas. You can check out the Cobb Tribeca, but that was a long time ago and has since been dismantled and cannibalized for parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Magic Marker.

The filter is the wash and oil one, I don't expect any noticeable gains in hp, maybe slightly better city mileage, we'll see.

For the intake, I'll plug it if it helps, but not if it's just more noise

The door edge molding is actually a stick-on kind from brandsport.com, so that shouldn't hurt the paint. It's not too much money, and if it looks bad, not a big expense in the end.

I was hoping the H6 motor was similar to the H6 found in the outback and legacy, but even those motors don't have much in terms of performance options. I guess it it's not a 4cyl turbo, no one touches it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts