Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you checked out the "My Subaru" web page lately? I just found a 20% off for accessories. I'm putting that towards the iPod kit. $179 retail less 20% = $143. Not a bad deal since subarugenuineparts.com has it for $139. Figure after shipping, it would cost more online then locally.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Where's the coupon...I just logged in and didn't see anything. Could be a random thing too.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snork said:
Where's the coupon...I just logged in and didn't see anything. Could be a random thing too.
Click the link in the right hand panel for "service coupons". Maybe it's just b/c my dealer put them there?

·
Registered
152 Posts
You say after you figure shipping, but did you factor in the Tax from buying local? In your scenerio above, the online price looks cheaper to me and no hassle of trying to use coupons.

Local - $143 + 7% tax = 153.01
vs
Online - $139 + ~$7 ship = 146

you'll most likely have to order alot of accessories from dealers as well, so its not like your saving much time.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awd_envy said:
You say after you figure shipping, but did you factor in the Tax from buying local? In your scenerio above, the online price looks cheaper to me and no hassle of trying to use coupons.

Local - $143 + 7% tax = 153.01
vs
Online - $139 + ~$7 ship = 146

you'll most likely have to order alot of accessories from dealers as well, so its not like your saving much time.
True true, but I don't mind spending the extra $7 to support my local dealer and they are going to install it for a minimal cost since we are good customers. If it wasn't something that had to be installed, I normally do use subarugenuineparts.com.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, I think it is your dealer. My dealer is listed as Lohman Subaru in Parsippany since we bought my wife's Legacy there and do our dealer service there. Only thing in there was a "Ultimate Oil Change" for $79.99. Wasn't a terrible deal, full oil change, oil filter, all fluids, tire rotation, multi-point inspection + brake inspection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Have any of you checked out the "My Subaru" web page lately? I just found a 20% off for accessories. I'm putting that towards the iPod kit. $179 retail less 20% = $143. Not a bad deal since subarugenuineparts.com has it for $139. Figure after shipping, it would cost more online then locally.

Did you end up getting the iPod kit/ Which one did you get?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts