Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New time poster, Here’s my story

2007 - One owner

Last night i was driving on the freeway to only get off and then stopped at a set of lights. As soon as i set off from the lights again my check engine light comes on, same with the traction and cruise control light. This was extremely weird so obviously i pull over and try to check for something is wrong. It’s not overheating, nothing sounds different or wrong and it shifts normally. I let it sit for about 5-10 mins before turning it back on. Light is still on, i truly don’t think anything is wrong so i drove it home. During the drive home nothing seemed off at all, it drove completely normal expect for the light staring me down. It is now the next morning and i went to turn it back on and it is still on. Has anyone had any similar experience to this? It seems very random and honestly might just be a bad sensor or something? I really don’t think anything is wrong. Any help appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had that happen couple of times in the lifetime of my ownership with my 2008 Tribeca. Never sure why, but there was never any lasting issues. Not sure if that gives you any comfort but it weird when it happened, but then impossible for me to reproduce later on.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You need to read the codes. Buy a cheap OBD code reader and report back. Could be many things.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Tribeca B9
12 Posts
Like @DJB Said there are many check engine lights that are not catastrophic. For example, I have a low voltage O2 code light sometimes the same thing you described. But I just reset the light and its fine for 6+ months (eventually ill get around to swapping that)

I would order a cheap OBD2 Bluetooth adapter online there pretty cheap and very nice to have or head over to your local parts sore they all read codes for free.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are some car parts shops that will scan your code for free to give you a starting point...not sure which ones in the US, I wanna say Partsource...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Where did OP go? I hope the code wasn't serious enough to run from their vehicle and never come back. :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts