Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially it was aircon blowing warm air sometimes, but that resolved itself. Then came the trio of check engine, cruise control and traction control off. Some days the errors will not appear. Finally the other day, my wife was driving it when all the Christmas lights came up and it just made the short distance home. After a few days I check it and the battery is completely drained. I got another battery in and manually read the codes: P0050, P0030, P0600, P0700, C0421, C0574 . SOS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have noticed that the battery is not being charged. how do i go about troubleshooting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verdict is that the alternator was dead. I couldn't find the original. so the mechanic suggested I put the old pully on a used forester one. It works like a charm. I'm still looking for a brand new alternator though as I can't tell how much life the used one has. Dealer prices are exorbitant. Perhaps I will import a part from US to Botswana. I also got the codes cleared and will check after some time whether the codes have returned

·
Registered
746 Posts
RockAuto, for example, ships internationally. Hopefully custom regulations in your country will not get in the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts