Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

How many ounces of R134 freon does a completely evacuated, vacuumed, and recovered 06 take?

My FSM said between about 29-31 ounces but does not specify any differences between vehicles with and without rear A/C.

Was rear A/C not an option in some of these vehicles?

Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi all.

How many ounces of R134 freon does a completely evacuated, vacuumed, and recovered 06 take?

My FSM said between about 29-31 ounces but does not specify any differences between vehicles with and without rear A/C.

Was rear A/C not an option in some of these vehicles?

Thanks.
Specs are on the underhood decal. 30-32 for front/rear, and 20-22 for front.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specs are on the underhood decal. 30-32 for front/rear, and 20-22 for front.
You were right. Not only was the sticker there BUT it was clean too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here's a useful document on how to verify the charge amount based on the value of subcooling. The applicable table is on p. 3, for a system with the high pressure port in the discharge line. I used this method on my former minivan. You would need to be able to take an accurate reading of temperature.

Attachments

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a useful document on how to verify the charge amount based on the value of subcooling. The applicable table is on p. 3, for a system with the high pressure port in the dicharge line. I used this method on my former minivan. You would need to be able to take an accurate reading of temperature.
Thank you. This is an easy read and useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts