Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm new on the boards, figured I'd sign up and see if anyone else was having the same issues I'm having at the moment but search doesn't seem to show up anything.

Anyways, I've got an '08 Tribeca 5 Pass Ltd that I purchased at Manchester Subaru and imported to Canada... got 8,300 miles on her now and I picked her up in Mid November '07 (yah I drive a lot)

Two days ago, I noticed when I put on the seat warmer on the driver's side, the passenger's side lit up and the driver's side stayed off... I then tried to put on the rear defroster and the front defoggers came on... Yesterday I started her up and the seat warmers came on automatically and the above problems happened again... Also as it was darker in the morning it seemed that all the lights from the 'rear defogger' down were blinking in the background (hard to describe).

I took it in today to the local dealership to get it looked at and it appears that they will be changing out the whole section display for some 'electrical' problem. Since I had it imported to Canada, I had to pay for this warranty work out of pocket to be reimbursed by SoA... $1,114 CDN.

Anyone else experience this at all?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good luck with your fix, I'd hate to get a new vehicle and have something wrong with it. At least you will be rreimbursed by SOA.

BTW, i see in your signature about the puddle lights. We went down to the states to buy the kit, it costs around $185 US. Dealers up here charge $333.
I will be installing them in the spring. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crazycanuck said:
Good luck with your fix, I'd hate to get a new vehicle and have something wrong with it. At least you will be rreimbursed by SOA.

BTW, i see in your signature about the puddle lights. We went down to the states to buy the kit, it costs around $185 US. Dealers up here charge $333.
I will be installing them in the spring. I'll let you know how it goes.
That's great to hear!

Please let me know how the installation goes... are you doing it yourself? Is it on an '08 Tribeca also? My friend purchased his at the same time as me but had ordered the puddle lights and I loved them right off the bat... that's one of my regrets when I purchased, hehe...

·
Registered
151 Posts
We bought ours used from a dealership in Orillia... an 06. It was a cloth version but we had a leather kit installed from the dealer. It made a world of difference as it looks brand new from the factory, they did an execellent job.
We also bought the aero bars and the rear bumper protector while down there.
I don't think there are any Canadian models up here that have the puddle light option, unless you had it imported or installed it yourself. The Canadian dealers don't really have it listed as an option, but they can order it for you.

If you do a search on this site, there are good instructions on how to install, our kit comes with instructions too, it doesnt seem very difficult, just a little patience.

What colour did you get? and where do you live?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like that feature of the seat warmers coming on when you start it up. Good feature for 8 months of damp mornings here in the NW. Not a good feature with all the other problems you are having.

Sounds like a crimped harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crazycanuck said:
We bought ours used from a dealership in Orillia... an 06. It was a cloth version but we had a leather kit installed from the dealer. It made a world of difference as it looks brand new from the factory, they did an execellent job.
We also bought the aero bars and the rear bumper protector while down there.
I don't think there are any Canadian models up here that have the puddle light option, unless you had it imported or installed it yourself. The Canadian dealers don't really have it listed as an option, but they can order it for you.

If you do a search on this site, there are good instructions on how to install, our kit comes with instructions too, it doesnt seem very difficult, just a little patience.

What colour did you get? and where do you live?
I saw the kits on this site but from my brief read it looks like it's for '06-'07 Tribeca's.... didn't know it was for '08 also... If i'm doing it myself I'll wait till my warranty is up seeing as the amount of problems I've already been having...

I live in the GTA and got an obsidian black with the nice tan leather seats :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey fulrach -out of curiosity when all is said and done can you post the results of your warranty experience with SOA. I'm also from the GTA and have a US vehicle and even though I confirmed with SOA, the promise of warranty coverage is always a question in the back of my mind.

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts