Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're picking up the 07 Limited this weekend. So we're very excited (well more me then my gf). I remember my buddy pointing out that some of the center caps are yellowing a bit. Although the B9 is technically used, we still have the balance of the factory warrenty.

Would those center caps be considered under warrenty? If so, I'll get them changed out later in the B9's life. It's not too bad now, but I'm sure it will get worse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an '07 with 4K miles. The center caps are beginning to yellow on mine as well. Not sure if that would be covered by warranty, but please post the outcome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Same thing with our B9. Was detailing the car last night and they don't look too good.

i thnik I will be taking Beca to dealer for the first oil change (typically I do it myself but for the first oil change I consider taking her to dealer), and if I do go to the dealer, I'll ask them to take a look and find out whether wheel caps can be replaced under the warranty.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SubOperator said:
Same thing with our B9. Was detailing the car last night and they don't look too good.

i thnik I will be taking Beca to dealer for the first oil change (typically I do it myself but for the first oil change I consider taking her to dealer), and if I do go to the dealer, I'll ask them to take a look and find out whether wheel caps can be replaced under the warranty.
Well the center caps are in between the two bumpers, so wouldn't it logically be covered under the 3yr/ 36k warrenty?

·
Registered
107 Posts
SubOperator said:

so, whats the verdict - will they replace under warranty?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andrey said:
Once we get closer to the end of the warrenty, I'll get my dealer to replace mine. I don't want to do it now as I want the next set to last as long as possible.

BTW, anything can get done if you know how to ask.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quig said:
as well as our '07 and warranty covered new centers for mine here in Nova Scotia :)
Glad to hear it. I'll get ours replaced eventually.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I noticed yesterday that ours are ever so slightly turning yellow...probably wouldn't have noticed if you guys hadn't mentioned it:rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
snork said:
I noticed yesterday that ours are ever so slightly turning yellow...probably wouldn't have noticed if you guys hadn't mentioned it:rolleyes: :eek:
Yeah, I noticed it before we got it. I'm very obsessive compulsive when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andrey said:
It is official. I had the dealer look at the center caps as all four are yellowing to a certain extent; some more then others. He saw it right away and they are covered under warranty. They are on order and I should have them done this week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can go to Wakefield Subaru and they have them in stock as they've ordered Silver ones for me but my wheels are Chrome and they had re-order chromes

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Officially completed. The center caps were covered under warranty. So if your caps are yellowing, get them replaced under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts