Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dash cam was already hardwired and working fine.

I had a low beam headlight bulb burn out, so I replaced the low and high beam bulbs.

Start up the car and check, only the right side high beam is working. The camera is hardwired with add-a-circuit to fuse # 32, I took that off and put the fuse back in the slot. Left side high beam is working now. This car is very finniky when it comes to electrical.

I tried finding another circuit to put the camera on. I tried the VDC fuse, but that throw the whole car into a CEL/CC/VDC so I will have to clear that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone????

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Get the very inexpensive Factory Service Manual and pick a circuit based on that.

I personally would use the cigarette lighter plug, as I know that one isn't going to cause problems.

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get the very inexpensive Factory Service Manual and pick a circuit based on that.

I personally would use the cigarette lighter plug, as I know that one isn't going to cause problems.

Tom
Well, I purchased a decent OBDII code scanner/reset tool on Amazon and cleared the codes.

The headlights work fine now.

The camera is now DEAD....won't power on. I've tested it on 3 different circuits. At this point, I feel the Subaru Tribeca just doesn't like certain electronics connected to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the Tribeca's fault. You need to make sure your tapping the right circuits.
I connected the camera to a 12 volt directly, still nothing.

Maybe it is the camera's fault, my Valentine 1 radar detector is working fine so far.

Just frustrated right now, tired of dealing with things breaking all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts