Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone's had an issue with this..

I bought my '06 this past weekend and when I tried to fill it up with gas, it stopped after a couple gallons. Tried to pump some more.. stopped after a few seconds.. took the pump out, put it back in.. same thing. I was able to get the gauge from under 1/4 to 1/4. Tried to fill at a different station with the same results. What's wrong with it? I know how to pump gas... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
IHiGHJiNKS said:
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone's had an issue with this..

I bought my '06 this past weekend and when I tried to fill it up with gas, it stopped after a couple gallons. Tried to pump some more.. stopped after a few seconds.. took the pump out, put it back in.. same thing. I was able to get the gauge from under 1/4 to 1/4. Tried to fill at a different station with the same results. What's wrong with it? I know how to pump gas... :confused:
Sounds like there may be some blockage in the filler neck. I've never had that problem with mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
SubieDriver said:
Sounds like there may be some blockage in the filler neck. I've never had that problem with mine.
That would be my thought as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.. I guess I'll make an appointment to take it in. I noticed I have a puddle light out too! Geez...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
IHiGHJiNKS said:
Thanks guys.. I guess I'll make an appointment to take it in. I noticed I have a puddle light out too! Geez...
My puddle lights have been going strong since last April. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Did you try to shine a flashlight down the filler neck? You'd have to push aside the flapper door, but you might be able to see down far enough to determine if there's something in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's no flapper door... That can't be good :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK.. brought it in today. LoJack and puddle lights are done. Service manager says I won't be getting her back until next week. They were able to duplicate my gas pumping issue but they're saying that they don't see anything visibly wrong with the pressure release device even though it's not working. Well.. at least they gave an Impreza loaner that I can zoom around in...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two weeks later and I finally got her back. They first replaced the gas tank and vent valve. The tech tried to fill it up with no change. They ended up removing each hose, one by one, and finally found a hose with the inner liner bubbled at one of the bends. They had checked each of these hoses initially but when pushing cameras or air through, the hose's inner liner would push back against the side. Anyways.. it's back. New gas tank, vent valve and one new hose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Do you know which hose was replaced. We are having the same issue with our 06.

It took Subaru a few days to figure it out. They needed to drop the fuel tank down and replace the Evaporator tube. It of course was a 'non-covered' part under the extended warranty, but after talking with Subaru they did offer to pay for some of cost. Works fine now.Part # 42075XA15A9E
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top