Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if the front end of a B9 would fit on my 08 tribeca... im starting to like the B9 front end look rather than the 08 becca I have..

·
Registered
552 Posts
Huh, r u serious:Dunno:

Anyway...I believe the answer would be no w/o some fairly have modification. From what I've read and scene on video reviews of the 08 Tribeca, pretty much all the sheetmetal is new. So at a minimum you would need hood, 2 front fenders, grill section and bumper, and headlights. Really not worth it, LOL. And that's all assuming the mounting positions are the same and that the fenders are going to align with the front doors.

http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/03/2008tribeca9.jpg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Damn, I never thought I'd see where a B9 owner would want to do a front end swap.

But as said above, it would take so much work/ money, it wouldn't be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha.... hehe thanks for the responses.... it was just a crazy idea cause i used to hate the b9 front and after I saw the COBB B9, I fell inlove... it really looked like MIG fighter pilot...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
crazycanuck said:
just trade it in for an 07!

I have to agree, the 08 looks like a Chrysler product... no offense JDm tuner
Agreed. It looks very similar to a Chrysler Pacifica.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im planning to buy an aftermarket grille and sand out chrome, paint it flat or satin black and keep the Original grille on the side...anyone knows where i can get aftermarket grille?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
UsJdmtuner said:
im planning to buy an aftermarket grille and sand out chrome, paint it flat or satin black and keep the Original grille on the side...anyone knows where i can get aftermarket grille?
i saw an oem one on ebay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do like the slightly taller mirrors on the 08, and the more ponies and torque. My list ends there.

I didn't buy the 07 because of how it looked...but would NOT buy the 08/09 because of its generic 'just another x-over lost in the mall parking lot' look.I bought it because it was all around a much better product, compared to everything else we tested.

·
Registered
630 Posts
UsJdmtuner said:
I was just curious if the front end of a B9 would fit on my 08 tribeca... im starting to like the B9 front end look rather than the 08 becca I have..
wow this has to be a first..and i like it ! lol.

Subaru shoudn't have mainstreamed the new TRIBECA as much as they did

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ideally, the best Tribeca would be the bigger engine & transmission, but maintaining the '07 front end. Perhaps the redesigned rear 1/4 lites would be kept, though? As for wheels? Dunno. Roof Rails? No, & same with larger mirrors. Sooo, anyone have any ideas if the 3.6 litre engine'd fit into the older body shape?
Should work, as body changes are just cosmetic, aren't they? Anyone hear of anybody swapping motors over?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The B9 snout is one of the main reasons my wife and I decided to buy our '07 Beca. It's somewhat unique here in North America. Other manufacturers have less defined front end styling cues that resemble the Beca, but none are as bold. During the winter, we live in a country where Alfa Romeo's are common and the similarity in their front end designs is striking.

·
Registered
124 Posts
jwald said:
Why do you say that?
Have you driven both? When I was buying I test drove both. The bigger motor and remapped transmission makes a pretty big difference driving wise. Also the bigger side mirrors are nice to have.
I just miss the unique look on the front of the older style, but prefer the back end of the newer style over the older.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We drove both before we bought our 06' and honestly, while there is a difference, it isn't that big of a difference.

Not to mention we didn't buy the Beca with any notion of it being a performance vehicle and besides, if we wanted a generic looking x-over, we would'a bought a Veracruz....:lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
old thread is old...:) but since it was dug up...

bionicbadger said:
Have you driven both? When I was buying I test drove both. The bigger motor and remapped transmission makes a pretty big difference driving wise. Also the bigger side mirrors are nice to have.
I just miss the unique look on the front of the older style, but prefer the back end of the newer style over the older.
^ i agree with this. the 06-07 definitely has a more distinctive snout while the 08+ grill is more generic and even chrysler like in a way. but the grill is a small concession when the rest of the car is distinctive and much improved. plus the newer tribeca is designed for regular vs premium on the previous generation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts