Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

Can I connect after-market Backup Camera to original 2009 B9 (SE, no navi) screen?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Flat6er 
#1 · (Edited)
Like to install a backup camera but hope it can hook to existing head monitor, like this one:

My original head unit didn't have Navigation or Backup camera, nor any fancy functions like Bluetooth, just the original one.

Is it possible to wire the camera into this head unit?

Also like to know if hooking a camera is the best way, or better off getting a complete camera suite including a screen (mirror).

Thanks.

#3 ·
1) take a closer look at your "head unit" - and count how many pixels you have. I haven't counted, but my guess is around 200-300px across.
2) so... how do you like camera showing something in VGA resolution (even if you know what is VGA - 320x200px :DDD
3) originally - I think - there was screen in mirror for rear view camera - which might be simplest way.

#7 ·
I believe there might have been some talk about retrofitting factory navigation, and the conclusion was that the instrument panel harness was different on the high-end model. My own evidence of this is that I didn't see extra plugs behind the audio unit when adding auxiliary input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.