Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to changing out the cabin air filter today for the first time. I've had the replacement filter for quite some time but I've been putting it off because I figured it would be a PITA to change. Well I was right, it's not fun but doable. I'm in the process of a write up but here is a shot of the old next to the new one. I'll post a link to the scoobymods page when I finish.

Attachments

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the local dealer it will be just under 30 on line you can find it for just over 20 USD.

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK time for an update. Quick story first. I went to our local O'Reilly Auto Part store to get a cabin air filter for our Tibeca and Forester. WIX had a part number for the Tribeca at about 28 bucks. No WIX application for the Forester but MicroGuard makes one for only 10 bucks (normally over 30) So I ordered that one. Neither were in stock so the next day I went to pick them up. I opened the WIX box for the Tribeca filter and it looked like the right one. Then I opened the microguard and it was not the right one. It was exactly the same as the Tribecas and I mean exactly. So I kept the 10 buck one for the Tribeca of course and sent back the expensive one. Now either it was some sort of mistake or they just have the wrong part marked for the Forester. I looked up the microguard for the Tribeca and it has the right picture but they want 27 bucks for it. Anyway, if you have an O'Reilly Auto Parts store near by, I say give it a shot if you need a new cabin air filter.

This is the PN you want to order MicroGuard PN 3690 if they ask what car it's for say a 2004 Subaru Forester ;)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts