Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finally decided to purchase another subie I narrowed it down to a couple used ones I like a lot:

Just want some advise as to the trans on non sti or any other manual for that matter how to spot if it is messed up at all any premature signs of wear or abuse in the drive train?????

2002 WRX (STI Look a like) this one has all the badges and wing
72 K miles, with boost controller, exhaust and some more mods
5 speed trans (not the better 6 speed in STI) but more in my price range priced at 12k

2004 STI 6 speed trans, 54K exhaust mod only! (A little Pricy 18 grand)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'd check out over at NASIOC for any buying advice...they are the Impreza forum;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
I'd check out over at NASIOC for any buying advice...they are the Impreza forum;)
Why would you want an STi look alike? There is no power to back up the looks. I would never every buy a modded WRX or STi. You have no idea how much they beat on it.

Sell the B9 and pick up an 08 STi. High volume dealers are giving out $7k off base models and 0% for 63 months for tier one buyers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
+1 with MM. Unless you really know the person and their driving style, any modded sti simply is a risk. Just not worth it.

This from someone that's been eyeing the Sti for quite a while. Many good used deals have been passed on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Magic Marker said:
I would never every buy a modded WRX or STi. You have no idea how much they beat on it.
I could not agree more. I've seen a lot of nightmare scenarios when someone has bought a used wrx/sti that's been modified by a previous owner. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. And many times there are underlying problems/reasons they're dumping the car. If you personally know the car/history, that's a different story. But more often than not, it's a bad idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts