Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my OEM wheels for a set of 20's I just bought. Is it worth it to pay to have all this stuff pulled apart and the TPS put in the the other wheels or should I just sell the OEM wheels complete and buy the TPS separately?

Which brings me to my next question...

Where's the cheapest place to buy TPS for my new wheels!? :rolleyes:

Thanks... :tup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have TPMS on my other car and I found it was more cost effective to sell the OEMs with TPMS (cuz buyers wanted it) than having the tire shop pull everything apart. To dismount, remove TPMS, install, remount tires on old rims, and revalve kit was about $250 in labor. You can probably charge $100-120 extra for TPMS with the rims and tires.

Best place for new ones is Ebay.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have pics of the new wheels but not on yet :)

I'll post once they are on. If someone local (NY/NJ/CT wants to buy the whole package, I'll sell... otherwise I'll keep them around for the winter and throw some gnarly rubber on them for the snow. The stock tires slide all over the place in the snow.

In the mean time, here's a pic of what it will look like... they are 20" TSW Montage.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just put the 08 STI wheels on my 06 Beca and it was a snap to take the TPMs out of the stock wheels and put them in the new ones. The tire shop charged me $70 for taking all 4 tires off of the stockers, put the TPMs in the STI wheels, and mount and balance new tires on the STI's. I thought that was fair.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
WAKIZA said:
I just put the 08 STI wheels on my 06 Beca and it was a snap to take the TPMs out of the stock wheels and put them in the new ones. The tire shop charged me $70 for taking all 4 tires off of the stockers, put the TPMs in the STI wheels, and mount and balance new tires on the STI's. I thought that was fair.
$70 to dismount, remount and balance is awesome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats a sweet deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless someone buys my wheels, I'll pull the TPMs from the stockers. They are too expensive to put new ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts