Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Tribeca
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! so my dad just got a 2011 Subaru tribeca a couple months ago, im 16 and starting to learn how to drive. I have drove in my dads other two cars which are a 2007 cevy silverado and a 2002 saab wagon, with both i have been able to have my heel on the floor and be able to easily touch the brake and gas pedals like you normally would but me and my dad the other day went to go drive the Subaru and I noticed that my foot doesnt touch the brake pedal unless i have some big boots on or somthing that makes my foot longer or else i have to physically lift my leg up to properly press on the brake pedal if i dont it feels like my toes are going to slip off the brake. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I am a size 8.5 in womens for shoes so its not like my feet are really small where this problem might make sense. If anyone does know how to fix this or if this is just how the car comes i would appreciate it. I dont know really anything about cars but i know nothing is wrong with the breaks itself, we just had it go to a mechanic and go through every inch of the car and he didn’t mention anything about the breaks. If anyone can help or clarify it would be great. this car is supposed to technically be mine once i get my license and i would like to feel like i have good control over the break lol. Thank you
Also if this is posted in the wrong thread i can delete it. Just lmk, thanks

·
Registered
2008 Limited
93 Posts
Heel-toe for gas and brake has always been a desirable arrangement for the pedals. Unfortunately that design isn’t found in all autos. I have seen a piece of rubber affixed to the gas or brake pedal to bring them to the same height.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
1) I don't remember ANY cars I have driven where you can put down your heel and use the brakes. (though I will check today - just in case :D
2) pedals at same height in automatic car?! yeah, "best" idea ever. just read about stall speed test and what happens when you do it to long ;)
p.s. next time - try to use commas, dots, because "i have to physically lift my leg up to properly press on the brake pedal if i dont it feels like my toes are going to slip off the brake " is a bit hard to decipher.

·
Administrator
06 B9 Tribeca
805 Posts
Hi! so my dad just got a 2011 Subaru tribeca a couple months ago, im 16 and starting to learn how to drive. I have drove in my dads other two cars which are a 2007 cevy silverado and a 2002 saab wagon, with both i have been able to have my heel on the floor and be able to easily touch the brake and gas pedals like you normally would but me and my dad the other day went to go drive the Subaru and I noticed that my foot doesnt touch the brake pedal unless i have some big boots on or somthing that makes my foot longer or else i have to physically lift my leg up to properly press on the brake pedal if i dont it feels like my toes are going to slip off the brake. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I am a size 8.5 in womens for shoes so its not like my feet are really small where this problem might make sense. If anyone does know how to fix this or if this is just how the car comes i would appreciate it. I dont know really anything about cars but i know nothing is wrong with the breaks itself, we just had it go to a mechanic and go through every inch of the car and he didn’t mention anything about the breaks. If anyone can help or clarify it would be great. this car is supposed to technically be mine once i get my license and i would like to feel like i have good control over the break lol. Thank you
Also if this is posted in the wrong thread i can delete it. Just lmk, thanks
Hi, others have posted their thoughts. Not poking fun, but it's actually "brake" not "break". I am just mentioning this for personal growth during your automotive future.

Also, please add the 2011 Tribeca to your signature or profile, this is a forum rule. Help us help you.

Thanks.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
1) I don't remember ANY cars I have driven where you can put down your heel and use the brakes. (though I will check today - just in case :D
2) pedals at same height in automatic car?! yeah, "best" idea ever. just read about stall speed test and what happens when you do it to long ;)
p.s. next time - try to use commas, dots, because "i have to physically lift my leg up to properly press on the brake pedal if i dont it feels like my toes are going to slip off the brake " is a bit hard to decipher.
ok, I stand corrected. technically - it IS possible to put your heel down and press brake and throttle without moving the heel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts