Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have a limited b9 2006 with 38,000 miles .. at about 20,000 miles my front stock rotors warped due to overheating of the o.e.m brake pads and i had them resurfaced which at the time it was covered by the warranty ... at about 26,000 miles offcourse they re-warpped again because as everyone knows truing the rotors is just a temporary fix, infact when you turn them or ""resurface"" the rotors you thin them out and they are even weaker than before.. so i came to a solution that i have been doing research on for a while.. iam in the process of buying hawk hps performance pads that according to the hundreds of reviews ive read online can tackle the heat and wont cause fading or spoting of the rotors .. also there is a company called r1concepts that also got very strong reviews on their slotted premium rotors .. well they happen to make rotors for our b9's .. tehy are not cheap asian rotors, they are actually used by racers and are made in california .. i will give them a try .. in my personal opinion the b9 tribeca has inadequate braking equipment for its size.. also after research i made the brakes are the same used on the out back which is sad cosidering that the tribeca weights alot more, subaru should have known better ... i know and i admit iam a spirited driver who hits 100 sometimes in the highway but so do others, and our b9's should be able to handle taht speed without warping or overheating brake pads... b9 tribeca oem pads are weak.. i will let everyone know how the setup works out ..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had my rotors resurfaced on my '06 Tribeca about one year after ownership (16k miles or so) and just now had the brake pads replaced in the front, as they were 80% gone. I have had no other problems as far as brakes are concerned.

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally bought the brakes!

ok guys i finally bought the brakes after muuuuuch research with good results.. here is the perfect combination for our b9's ... i bought a pair of r1concepts e-line slotted/drilled rotors and hawk performance hps pads... rear setup is pair of centric premium rotors with r1concepts quiet stop pads ... cant go wrong.. reviews are great.. i had to take advantage of this setup because as u guys know not many things are offered for our b9's... if you guys have questions just let me know... :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

here is the break down of the cost: hawk hps pads on sale at amazon.com $85.95, pair of r1concepts e-line drilled/slotted rotors on sale $115.00 pair!... rear centric rotors (high quality american brand!) $60.00 each rotor so $120.00 .. rear quiet stop r1 pads on sale $38.00 ... cant go wrong... the oem subaru stuff is crap... those pads cant take the heat so they crystalize and burn spots on the rotors creating warpped syndrome!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hamlet305 said:
here is the break down of the cost: hawk hps pads on sale at amazon.com $85.95, pair of r1concepts e-line drilled/slotted rotors on sale $115.00 pair!... rear centric rotors (high quality american brand!) $60.00 each rotor so $120.00 .. rear quiet stop r1 pads on sale $38.00 ... cant go wrong... the oem subaru stuff is crap... those pads cant take the heat so they crystalize and burn spots on the rotors creating warpped syndrome!
I'd like to see pics of the front drilled/ slotted rotors once you install them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts