Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mine almost 6 weeks now. Couple of weird things going on. First off the carpet needs to be replaced. For some reason its been cut too short arround the center console on the drivers side.

The next is when I set off there is a weird sound like something binding or something like that coming from the left front.

Other than that I have zero faults and I hope the winter goes the same way.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, but sorry to hear you already have issues. I guess you didn't notice the carpet issue at delivery? Did the dealer diagnose the sound coming from the front? Post up pictures if you get a chance.

I'm looking forward to winter since this will be the first time with an SUV and AWD.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats as well.

What exactly do you mean by binding? There is a small piece of plastic on the front left dash area that covers the vent there. The left one in my Tribeca is loose, and can make sounds when I hit bumps. I push on it and it seems to click on. It alleviates only for a bit, and so I'm mentioning it on my next visit. Until then, my temp fix is acceptable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean as I go to set off it has a small rubbing sound just briefly. Same when I stop. No idea what it is. I know its not my dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2008 Rubbing Noise

Get it checked! I have a 2008 LTD as well. There is no rubbing noise at anytime :confused:

GeorgeB

Diamond Metallic Grey
2008 Limited

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is an issue with a few bad cars out there with wheel bearings... makes a nose upon inital acceleration and again when comming to a stop.

-Jason
Avondale Subaru Sales

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
jvcjbl said:
There is an issue with a few bad cars out there with wheel bearings... makes a nose upon inital acceleration and again when comming to a stop.

-Jason
Avondale Subaru Sales
It's always good to have a dealer contact on the board.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Wheel bearing. Cars brand new. Try explaining to your wife why your new car has spent 12 hrs total time in the hands of service techs and still none of the initial problems have been resolved. I so having second thoughts about the car already.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wheels said:
LOL Wheel bearing. Cars brand new. Try explaining to your wife why your new car has spent 12 hrs total time in the hands of service techs and still none of the initial problems have been resolved. I so having second thoughts about the car already.
Keep really good service records. Doesn't the Lemon Law protect you when you have the same problem attempted to be corrected more then 3 times? At that point, isn't the manufacturer obligated to give you another car? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would never give up on it. :)

I was just trying to be sarcastic but it does not seem to come across on the web very well.

My noise has gone now. It seems to have broken in. I have 966miles on the clock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been a few weeks. Still love my erm crossover/car. Its doing about 16mpg I have alot of stop and go and love my engine sound. Call me an addict :p

the start off issue is not prevalant anymore. maybe the bearing freed up I don't know.

The transmission gets awfull clunky from time to time.

When I park on a hill and move the transmission from park to drive it sounds awfull like I just ripped the transmission from its heart.

Carpet still needs to be pulled yet but thats waiting till my first oil change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a quick question, I have a 2008 tribeca , and was wondering if this was normal. When started the idle goes to approx 2000 rpm for 5 seconds then goes to 1600. Seems to idle high until temp goes up to normal. Anyone else notice this ? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Idle

I have a 2008 Limited in California. When I first start up RPM is as you state, then it goes down after a few seconds. Whether it is tied to temp I am not sure. I do not think you have a problem. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm pretty sure every car I've owned had a high idle at start up and lowers once warmed up. I wouldn't worry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts