Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just notice it tonight when passing a section of highway with 70 mph speed.
Feels like it's shaking (or vibrating) from somewhere underneath.

It continued quite a while until driving into another section of the freeway (sure with the same speed), and the vibration's gone.

Just no sure what's the cause.

Anyone have the same experience? And what's the solution (Balancing, Alianment ...)?

Or it's just because of the ROAD (forgive me if in this case)?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Different textures of tarmac can cause strange stuff to happen, indeed. Sounds like you've got a severe case of "sympathetic vibration."

Drive off-road from now on and you should be fine :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'd only worry about a balance if the issue persists and you can replicate it consistently on a different road. I can understand how annoying it can be.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There's a stretch of freeway nearby that has groves in the cement and we can feel the car a little wobbly during this section. Especially at higher speeds. Otherwise it's as solid as a rock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brien said:
There's a stretch of freeway nearby that has groves in the cement and we can feel the car a little wobbly during this section. Especially at higher speeds. Otherwise it's as solid as a rock.
Especially if the grooves are in the same direction you are traveling, not across the road. With the stock tires you can almost feel the grooves guide the car with them...VERY annoying

·
Registered
107 Posts
taller said:
Just notice it tonight when passing a section of highway with 70 mph speed.
Feels like it's shaking (or vibrating) from somewhere underneath.

It continued quite a while until driving into another section of the freeway (sure with the same speed), and the vibration's gone.

Just no sure what's the cause.

Anyone have the same experience? And what's the solution (Balancing, Alianment ...)?

Or it's just because of the ROAD (forgive me if in this case)?
South California - lotsa concrete highways. I have similar thing going on when it is very hot in Boston. It is front rotors warping - I had mine re-surfaced twice by the dealer, problem goes away, then after some time rotors are getting overheated and warp again. I just notices similar issue on mine on concrete portions of elevared 93 here in Boston. Time for aftermarket rotors!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts