Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was looking, where do you buy those? I know cobra makes it, but is readily available. I do like having the black plastic because it deffinately takes a beating

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been debating recently painting the bumpers and side skirts the body color. I haven't seen any like that and I haven't seen a pic of it till now. I think I'm definitely going to do it. I'm going to wait until after the winter though, that way I can enjoy it all next summer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry, but sidesteps on a Tribeca only make sense if you're a Rohloff IMO. They're kind of a lifted country truck thing to me. Looks good otherwise though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ralliartist said:
I've been debating recently painting the bumpers and side skirts the body color. I haven't seen any like that and I haven't seen a pic of it till now. I think I'm definitely going to do it. I'm going to wait until after the winter though, that way I can enjoy it all next summer.
Definately post pics. I've been contemplating the same thing, but the rough material will most likely cause paint match issues I believe. For sure it'll be a spendy process to do it right.

·
Registered
214 Posts
highwayman said:
Sorry, but sidesteps on a Tribeca only make sense if you're a Rohloff IMO. They're kind of a lifted country truck thing to me. Looks good otherwise though.
No need to be sorry.

Its actually very functional for my child, who wanted to make sure he put himself up in the car. Kept many dirt off the clothes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
highwayman said:
I'm still thinking about putting something on the side. Last winter I had tons of crud (snow/sand/dirt) get caught in the rear door jams just from driving around. All the way up the curved part of the wheel well, the door sill would be full of crud. I'd love something to stop that from happening again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
bionicbadger said:
I'm still thinking about putting something on the side. Last winter I had tons of crud (snow/sand/dirt) get caught in the rear door jams just from driving around. All the way up the curved part of the wheel well, the door sill would be full of crud. I'd love something to stop that from happening again.
It does that too.

In my mind, there's 2 kinds. The Romiks and the side steps from the Rav4 (TribecaAussie's). TA's is more flush and higher, mine is lower.

·
Registered
60 Posts
njjuliano said:
No need to be sorry.

Its actually very functional for my child, who wanted to make sure he put himself up in the car. Kept many dirt off the clothes.
That makes sense. Kids are funny like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts