Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just discovered my left headlight is blown... What a pain in my butt! It was working fine 6 hours before that, and now its out. Also, does anyone know if this is covered by warranty, if not anyone know what a new bulb costs??? Its seems to be common on these new projector beams they've been using, I know the legacy, and outbacks frequently blew headlights, and that subaru fixed it recently, but now i've been seeing many tribecas with a left light out....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just called my local dealer. Bulbs are covered under the 3yr/ 36k warrenty. I put in some aftermarket bulbs in our 07 (about 8 months old) and no issues yet.

I just wish Subaru had put in Xenon's in the B9 since it is their flagship vehicle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Magic Marker said:
I just called my local dealer. Bulbs are covered under the 3yr/ 36k warrenty. I put in some aftermarket bulbs in our 07 (about 8 months old) and no issues yet.

I just wish Subaru had put in Xenon's in the B9 since it is their flagship vehicle.
i am planning on installing our own hid's. should have been done by the factory, but i will do it myself.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
singincanary said:
i am planning on installing our own hid's. should have been done by the factory, but i will do it myself.
How are you by planning to get around the DRL's?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to get my bulb replaced a few months ago. Same side. Driver's side headlight. Damn daytime running lights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We just had the drivers side light blowout with 36k on the odometer. I upgraded the bulbs to some PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs. They give better light output as well as a truer white color.
I actually found the job to be relatively easy. I had to pull out the headlights to do the job, but it was only 2 bolts and 3 screws holding them in, all of which were very easy to access. The whole job took 30 mins total.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi. I had to replace my drivers side lowbeam today. I followed the steps on peaty's page and....the 08's are different from the 06-07s. I farted around under the car trying to remove the headlight assmebly; taking off the underpanel is differen't, there are 6 screws for the assembly from the bottom, and you don't need to take out the assembly or any of the plastic junk on top in the first place.

For an 08, just remove the battery, then you have lots of room to stick your head in and see the back of the headlight assembly, there is a little plastic cover on the back of the assembly secured by one philips screw on top, take that off, and you and see nice and clearly the connectors and clip on the back of the bulb, pop off the connectors, unhook the clip, bulb out, bulb in, bob's your uncle.

Removing the battery means you have to set your radio stations again and nav preferences though, but time, date, trip odometer, etc are all still retained.

·
449 Posts
If you don't mind I will cut and paste your info and add it to my page. Good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts