Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Long shot has anyone ever ran 255/60/18? The price on all terrain tires are almost $40 cheaper compared to the 255/55/18

·
Registered
296 Posts
What model are those?

If I were still offroading a TB, the taller tire would appeal to me, providing it fits.

But I would not buy just any AT tire. They all should do for what the TB needs offroad but some are so much better than others on road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got 265/60R18 Cooper Discoverer HT Plus (not HTP) on my 06 beca with no issues.
That almost +1" radius and almost +.5" width.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I got 265/60R18 Cooper Discoverer HT Plus (not HTP) on my 06 beca with no issues.
That almost +1" radius and almost +.5" width.

Hope this helps
I wanted to get some wild peaks in the same size but not sure if it would rub

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to get some wild peaks in the same size but not sure if it would rub
No rub.

NO RUB.

The tire shop that installed them was a bit iffy about installing then because next to stock (side by side on ground) it looks a LOT taller. They checked and said "okay". Then I made sure. Full turn on steering wheel and hitting speed bumps. Good to go.

But understand that tires/wheels 'lean' when turning stressing wheel. Wider/taller tires sets that geometry off a bit. Translation = faster (not much) wear and tear from turns. Also HP (+) and Torque (-) changes up a tad for the type 'A's out there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No rub.

NO RUB.

The tire shop that installed them was a bit iffy about installing then because next to stock (side by side on ground) it looks a LOT taller. They checked and said "okay". Then I made sure. Full turn on steering wheel and hitting speed bumps. Good to go.

But understand that tires/wheels 'lean' when turning stressing wheel. Wider/taller tires sets that geometry off a bit. Translation = faster (not much) wear and tear from turns. Also HP (+) and Torque (-) changes up a tad for the type 'A's out there.

so what kind of highway mileage are you getting with the bigger tires, what highway mileage did you get before the big meats......this can be a question to all those out there what penalty are you paying in mileage for the oversize tires ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Didn’t notice the Tribeca’s horrible mileage go from bad to better or worse. To many variables. I change pressure a lot. On road to off road to back on.

Plus the 3.0 sedan engine trying to lug these fat Beccas around, with the tach needle dancing between gears...

Nothing but granny’s light foot could help fat Becca’s mileage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Didn’t notice the Tribeca’s horrible mileage go from bad to better or worse. To many variables. I change pressure a lot. On road to off road to back on.

Plus the 3.0 sedan engine trying to lug these fat Beccas around, with the tach needle dancing between gears...

Nothing but granny’s light foot could help fat Becca’s mileage.
do you have a picture of your beca with this tire on it you could share

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the Lift on your Tribeca ! Have been looking into lifting my 08. Would you mind sharing all of your wheel and tire specs ?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts