Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will cover more?
If so, why some people buy it right before the included 3 yrs/36K miles expire?

My first post. Forgive me if it's too naive.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand your question. It sounds like you're wondering why people buy the extended warranty just before the end of the standard new car warranty?

We aren't going to buy the extended Gold until just before the end of the standard warranty. There is no benefit to buying the extension at inception unless you got some killer deal made at contract signing. Why spend $1k + until you actually have to? We need to buy ours by next January.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But what about a damage (that is covered by Gold Plus 7yr/70K but is not covered by our included 3yr/36K) just happened?

If we bought the Gold Plus yesterday (sure it's long before the expiration of the initial 3yr/36K), then we are safe.

Otherwise, we need pay.

I mean buying it now MIGHT benefit in some situation, correct?

Magic Marker said:
I'm not sure if I understand your question. It sounds like you're wondering why people buy the extended warranty just before the end of the standard new car warranty?

We aren't going to buy the extended Gold until just before the end of the standard warranty. There is no benefit to buying the extension at inception unless you got some killer deal made at contract signing. Why spend $1k + until you actually have to? We need to buy ours by next January.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The car comes with a 3yr/36k comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 5yr/50k powertrain warranty. Therefore the gold plus warranty doesn't do anything for your for the first 3yr/36k, but after that you lose the bumper-to-bumper coverage which the Gold Plus will cover (ie: if the navi or AC breaks you'd be covered by the Gold Plus after the 3yr/36k expires).

Subaru and pretty much all other car manufacturers are just being "nice" and don't force you to buy the extended warranty when you purchase the car...they give you the option to buy all the way up until your new car warranty expires.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How much did you pay? Deductible? thanks
[/quote]
If we bought the Gold Plus yesterday (sure it's long before the expiration of the initial 3yr/36K), then we are safe.
[/quote]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Joe said:
Any body can tell me where I can buy the Gold Plus warranty for my Tribeca 2007 in Utah?.
Joe welkome to the forum. I think you can buy at any local dealer, as Subaru North America sells only "classic" via phone/mail offers. The last time I've tried to negotiate a deal with local dealer they said if I were to find 10 people for Gold it would be $1,400 or so with $50 deductible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts