Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my engine swapped by JDM of Chantilly a few years ago. They did a really nice job overall.

A few years after the swap, I noticed that I was getting a random code for coolant temperature sensor high. There was no overheating and the gauge did not read past the ominous 3 bars. I researched the code (forgot which one it was) and found no data here or anywhere for the most part.

I decided to purchase a new coolant temperature sensor. Well, when I did I noticed that the wires to it had been tied together and electrical taped over and were becoming corroded and loose. No biggie, I cut the corroded area off then heat shrinked and soldered them but of course replaced the sensor while down there to be sure. That fixed it.

About 2 weeks later or so, I had the ominous Rear Differential, Brake, and Battery light come on while driving. I figured, great...new alternator time. I jiggled the connector to the alternator and the lights would come and go.

I noticed the same thing. Wires which were twisted together with no protection and corrosion. I did the same as I did to the CTS and no problems afterwards. In both cases, I used some Deoxit on the connectors.

Long story short....don't just worry about your JDM engine not having it's oil and coolant changed due to Shaken inspections, do realize that when getting a JDM swap the shop might be great at swapping engines but not so much at wiring.

I applaud JDM of Chantilly overall for doing such a great swap though. Just be prepared for a few things to be a little bit off after a "McDonald's" type swap.

Reactions: avk

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just happy the motor runs like you said. Minor annoyance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts