Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.I have 06 Tribeca b9.I have a navigation,but dont have a rear cam.
Could anybody tell me how to install it?(I want an original camera)
Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want to spend upwards of $650-700 you can do the factory route. When we had our '06 I bought a $75 backup camera that was plate frame mounted. It was powered by the backup lamp circuit and I ran the video cable up the right side door sills and hooked it into the pins on the back of the NAV display. See GNLOWEN's post #6 for specifics on how to hook up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
06 Tribeca backup camera

I have successfully installed a backup camera in my '06 Tribeca. The posts at http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=755148#post755148 were immensely helpful.

What I have learned is that the camera or video source must be plugged in to the Nav display WHEN IT IS BOOTING UP, and also the shield or common line to the video source must be grounded to the car. If either of these do not happen, then the NAV will not switch on the video when in reverse. As a matter of fact, if you just ground the lower left pin of the molex connector and boot the system up, the screen will go blank when in reverse because it is expecting a camera to be hooked up.

If anyone is interested in the connector on the back of the unit, go to www.molex.com and search for 39-01-3042. That is the part number of the connector that plugs into the back of the NAV display.

I have attached some pictures
What system did you purchase? Did it tie into the stuff on the factory display? I have rods in my neck, have difficult time turning my head and need a backup camera for my 06 b9 tribeca

21 - 25 of 25 Posts