Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

is it possible to build a backup camera in MY06 Tribeca with Navi (this option is available only in MY07)?
Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The short answer is yes!
I have a link at home on the pins behind the NAV screen to link into. You need a reverse image camera designed for backup use and it can be tied into the backup lamp circuit for power. Then you only need to run the wiring to the NAV screen. I'm still debating the exact camera I'm going to install.
I'll find the link tonight and post it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer.
Don't forget to post it :)

I think about it because buying 06 Tribeca and building aftermarket backup camera will be cheaper than buying 07 Tribeca for this reason (I need only backup camera from new advantages in MY07).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Or, you could do like others have done (myself included) and go to Target, WalMart or similar and buy a $99 wireless option. I mounted the small monitor in my sunglasses pop-down compartment, and the camera mounts on your license plate. Very inexpensive, DIY project with minimal wiring that has worked well for me.

Karen in AZ

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got my camera yesterday and the Molex connector today. Install took about 3 1/2 hours. Camera was $49.95 and connectors were $6.00. Works perfectly, it switches on automatically when putting in reverse even if the nag screen is on. I also grounded the parking brake input to allow thescreen to play video without the parking brake on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts