Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction of where to start looking for issues. I put my 07 Tribeca in reverse today and all that came up was a black screen. Not sure if there is just a short someplace, if the camera is no longer working, or if the issue is in the head unit. Everything else seems to be working fine (Nav, Stereo, and mileage displays).

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had the same problem on our 2006. Blank screen or jagged line. The camera and control module are made by Clarion I think. I spent hours checking wiring and found no obvious fault. Interestingly the camera wiring goes through grommet at rear door hinge on US driver's side (I have UK car). It then heads to hidden module behind plastic panel next to back row of seats. (7 seater). The output from this runs in plastic gutter down below the interior door sill to the back of the Nav unit. Ultimately, I gave up on old unit and replaced it with replacement camera from Amazon. Cost me equivalent of $20. Complete original new unit is around $400 I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts