Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the old posts but didn't find anything related.

I suffer from the affliction of owning both kids and dogs...... what might slow the wear and tear that they cause on the back seats? Duct tape? Benadryl? Little tykes "puff of ether" sleepy time carseat? (never produced darnit) Maybe a lexan shield like the taxis or cop cars have? Food slot optional?

Too much?

OK seriously.
Lost sippy cups, happy but muddy dogs back from a lake run, and what ever else might contact those seats. Factory cover? A good after market one? Something I can take off somewhat easily and wash off.

What do the dog/kid/car lovers out there say?

Right. "Light leather? What were you thinking!"
Its exactly what I have been thinking. Just trying to keep ahead of the battle.

Thanks anyway,

Heath

·
Registered
630 Posts
yeahh i regret getting tan leather !!!!!!! grrr it looks nice in the dark and when new LOL. and you can put like padding over the seats like old people couches :) or check Ebay for some aftermarket seat covers

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ok, we have a dog and went through two options for the back seat. I tried just using a fitted sheet so the elastic would grip the seat corners. No go.... the sheet is just too thin and won't hold up to dirt and the wet stuff.

Go out and buy a pet hammock. It is worth every penny. I spent $70 on ours (mine is the quilted version). It secures with the front seat and rear seat headrests. It actually gives the dogs more room since the hammock extends past the seat foot wells.

I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a year-old chocolate lab that is usually waterlogged/muddy/excited to try digging in the seats. I don't have any kids, though...so this solution is strictly dog-centric.

We spent the dough for the Subaru dog barrier. I found a used one on craigslist for $50 (thank you, craigslist reader) and had 'em ship it up to Maine. Even after we paid the $100 to send it, it was still cheaper than buying new.

I can't say enough about it. The fit is excellent, it keeps the dog's snorkus from gumming up the small windows behind the 2nd row of seats, and there's a little pass-through vent so you can get some water back to your mother-in-law, er, pet.

That combined with a rubber cargo mat makes our 'Beca the perfect all-conditions dog hauler.

As for the kids thing? I can't help you at all. Shellac the leather, maybe? :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Rotorflyr said:
Try a seat cover (such as this: http://tinyurl.com/px4m9y)for the kids.

The pet hammock is great for dogs, and the barrier isn't bad either (though IMHO it's overpriced)
We wanted to do the dog barrier and all, but our dog just whined, got scared and pee'd on the cargo tray. She also gets car sick on rides longer then 20mins.

Now in the back seat hammock she can lay down and put her head on our arm rest. Very cute.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't explain how works!

Tribeca_06 said:
yeahh i regret getting tan leather !!!!!!! grrr it looks nice in the dark and when new LOL. and you can put like padding over the seats like old people couches :) or check Ebay for some aftermarket seat covers
Tan leather seats nigthmare?. I had and accident with a Blue ink pen with its point out on my pants back pocket. I mean I signed my driver seat! Well here a happy ending

The Magic Eraser Pads are white foams (each box has 2). Wet it and scrub. Even my Tribeca has only 6 months, it was incredible dirt removed!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts