Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

did anyone install any light protection similar to what RockBlocker.com has on 06-07 Tribeca ? I checked rockblocker.com but they don't seem to have light protection kit for B9 at all. Paint protection set is there ( hood, bumper, side mirrors, fenders), but no light protection kit. I will call them tomorrow to find out but in the meantime was curious if anyone had similar kit on their Tribeca.

I have it on my 05 LGT and it does a terrific job protecting my car's lights. I wanted to have one installed on Tribeca before it's too late.

·
449 Posts
The week we got our B9 I checked with chad at rockblocker and at the time they did not have any light protection, I asked about maybe the fogs but they are not the same size it seems as other scoobies.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've sent them an e-mail but no reply yet. As far as fog llights go, rockblocker has rounds of various diameter available:

http://rockblocker.com/store/34576.htm

I'm pretty sure there should be something close enough. Something is better than nothing anyway and Tribeca's fogs are rather huge.

I'll be measuring fogs diameter once I get home; or may be someone can find and post official info on that ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, rockblocker does not plan to make them. It seems that I'll do custom installation with bulk film from Rockblocker. Just need to get lights dimensions right and apply them properly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
SubOperator said:
Ok, rockblocker does not plan to make them. It seems that I'll do custom installation with bulk film from Rockblocker. Just need to get lights dimensions right and apply them properly.
If you are speaking of the metal mesh that you see on headlights of many SUVs out there, it seems to me that it would be difficult and downright ugly to implement rockblockers on an 06-07 Tribeca due to the shape of the headlights. The headlights are the bubbly "on top" kind of headlights that pull back along the sides of the hood rather than the ususal flat-fronted headlights you'd see on a Jeep, Ford, Volvo, etc. I fear the end result would be in the form of an attrocious "pasta strainer dome look on top of the lights" look.

The '08 Tribeca would have no problem with such a thing though...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
HB_Dad said:
If you are speaking of the metal mesh that you see on headlights of many SUVs out there
No, I meant the clear film that is applied to the headlights surface directly. check www.rockblocker.com - they have quite a few pictures. As far as curves go - yes, Tribeca's headlights are kind of curvy, but I am hoping it'll be somewhat similar to my 05 Legacy in terms of installation.

Since rockblocker does not make pre-cut sets for 06-07 Tribeca I have to go with bulk film and pretty much cut it by shape during the install. I took the measures of both headlights and foglights. Headlights seem to require sheets of film measured 55cm X 40cm - I gave myself margin of ~2cm on each side just to be safe.

Fogs are elliptic with larger radius being 13cm and smaller one being 11.5cm, so ordering 5.29 inch rounds from rockblocker should take care of that.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If anyone is looking at these links on roadblocker it seems they are a trojan company trying to hack your computer. Do not call the 800 number it is a scam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts