Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which company might import the rear tail lamp assembly with amber turn signals and the rear fog light (plus switch) like shown in the pic below?

Thanks!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UK parts might be okay for the tail lamps, but the fog light may be different shape for LHD vs. RHD vehicles. Might have to contact a dealer or shop in some other EU country like France, Germany, Italy, or Switzerland. I have family over there...I'll see what I can do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I also would be interested in availability of amber rear turn lenses. Seems very dangerous to me this trend towards red flashers at rear.I say trend because the Murano & Veracruz also have gone "red". Anyway Hi everyone. I'm an Aussie Canuck in Nebraska with a 4 wk old B9. Just joined & this is my first post. I enjoy the site & have browsed it extensively last couple of days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
ozeguy said:
I also would be interested in availability of amber rear turn lenses. Seems very dangerous to me this trend towards red flashers at rear.I say trend because the Murano & Veracruz also have gone "red". Anyway Hi everyone. I'm an Aussie Canuck in Nebraska with a 4 wk old B9. Just joined & this is my first post. I enjoy the site & have browsed it extensively last couple of days.
Welcome ! Congratulations with the car !

As far as amber tailights, I completely agree - they don't seem too safe. I followed my wife on her B9 few times and frankly these red turn signals are harder to notice than amber ones.

I would definetily upgrade/trade current red taillights to amber ones if price is not too high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm from Ukraine and drive US spec B9. We do have European spec B9s for sale here but hey, they are about 8K more expensive, therefore I got myself US one, which "gray" dealers import unofficially. I was wondering why you guys are looking for amber turn signals off shore, aren't US and European spec B9s both assembled in the US? Is there a chance to get amber turn lights from the manufacturer in Indiana directly? By the way, in Russia red tail turn signals have been legally banned and now I know local shops are changing them to amber ones for abt $400 a piece
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Wow, $400 for a curved bit of plastic! But you make a good point, Tranquil about Indiana manufacture...Doesn't make sense to buy from overseas in those circs, does it? Anyway, I wonder if anyone has tried to do what the French used to with their amber coloured headlights - just stick a plastic disc over the standard lens?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
ozeguy said:
Wow, $400 for a curved bit of plastic! But you make a good point, Tranquil about Indiana manufacture...Doesn't make sense to buy from overseas in those circs, does it? Anyway, I wonder if anyone has tried to do what the French used to with their amber coloured headlights - just stick a plastic disc over the standard lens?
arhhh, mother Russia ... ;) $400 bucks for swapping taillights.. My dreams of picking up a set of euro-style tailights for B9 on my way back from Moscow are ruined then :rolleyes::lol:

I am not sure about plastic disc you're proposing either - I just checked B9 in garage and the tailingts themselves are made of red plastic. I don't know how you'd get rid of red color even if you install an amber light bulb.

I would think that having appropriate part numbers for US and euro-style taillights should be a good start. Hopefully the parts are available and the price difference isn't $400 shocker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Tranquil said:
Hi everyone, I'm from Ukraine and drive US spec B9. We do have European spec B9s for sale here but hey, they are about 8K more expensive, therefore I got myself US one, which "gray" dealers import unofficially. I was wondering why you guys are looking for amber turn signals off shore, aren't US and European spec B9s both assembled in the US? Is there a chance to get amber turn lights from the manufacturer in Indiana directly? By the way, in Russia red tail turn signals have been legally banned and now I know local shops are changing them to amber ones for abt $400 a piece

Welcome !

I guess all Tribecas are assembled in US, at least I haven't heard of any other Subaru plants making them. I'll try to track down part numbers with prices. Some online stores are quite helpful in this regard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hello,

EU specification lights with amber turnsignals costs about 200 USD in Lithuania.
In my country all headlights must have EU sertification marks so all USA Tribeca's lamps must be changed + back fog light must be fitted.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top