Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i plug my ipod to the RES (REAR ENTRTAINMENT SYSTEM)
like it supposed to be.
the problem i find are 1) the sound it's very low i need to raise the volume to 20 o have a good volume.
2) when i road you can ear the noise made by the engin in the speaker

did some one made the same set up and have no problems ???

Best Regards

·
Registered
139 Posts
I installed an AUX port in my 2006, and here's what I learned:

1) Because you're connecting the iPod/iPhone/other MP3 device through its' HEADPHONE jack, you'll forever have to deal with two volume controls. First volume control is in the device, and that controls the level of the signal passing into the AUX cable (and then into your vehicle's receiver.) Second volume control is in the head unit itself. Bottom line is that it's absolutely normal to have to turn up your MP3 player in this scenario. Second bottom line is that it's always better to use the big connector on the bottom to connect your device to a playback unit. That's a pure signal, and not attenuated at all by the device's on-board volume controls.

2) The "engine noise" you hear through the speakers is most likely due to insufficient grounding of your installation. The advice that I got when I did mine was to use the thickest wire for the audio and the ground, and to make triple-sure that it's grounded to something beefy and solid. I bet if you go in and re-attach your ground cable to something a bit more rugged, the whine will go away. If not, you may need to use a higher-gauge wire for the ground portion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jimbo said:
I installed an AUX port in my 2006, and here's what I learned:

2) The "engine noise" you hear through the speakers is most likely due to insufficient grounding of your installation. The advice that I got when I did mine was to use the thickest wire for the audio and the ground, and to make triple-sure that it's grounded to something beefy and solid. I bet if you go in and re-attach your ground cable to something a bit more rugged, the whine will go away. If not, you may need to use a higher-gauge wire for the ground portion.
thanks for the information i will try it, right now i add 2 fair-rite one at the iphone connector and the other one to the 2 volts and the noise reduce to 95%. but i will re ground the connector or at less change the audio cable.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi I finally found the way to remove th enoise in the speker.
what you don't see in the PDF files (o the web) is : you need to ground on the body the ground of the 2 RCA plug.
ATT: ou plug the ground of the RCA plug to the radio and you add another wire to go the body and there'S no more noise.

Best Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
becaboy008 said:
like it supposed to be.
the problem i find are 1) the sound it's very low i need to raise the volume to 20 o have a good volume.
2) when i road you can ear the noise made by the engin in the speaker

Best Regards
I am new to this site. We have owned an 06 Tribeca well since 06. I did not know that you could plug your IPOD into the RSES. How would I go about doing this. The only plugs I know about are behind the rear seat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please if anyone has this pdf that would be AWESOME. like the post above me i just got a 2006 tribe saturday and i need an aux in for spotify. thanks so much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for advice on using this great info to hook up an iPhone. Is there a particular cable I should be using? If I'm looking to power the iPhone would it be done separately? I appreciate all the great advice!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought this cable from monoprice before realizing it wasn't a 30 pin connector.

The cable works for L and R audio but not video (I'd give it to you for the price of postage but it's probably just cheaper buying it directly from monopirce.)

I didn't have the time (or desire) to open the dash and implement this so I bought a 10' 3.5mm to RCA cable, plugged it into the back seat and ran it under the floor mats to the front console.

With either cable I have to use max volume on my iPod-touch in order to get any sound, but I'm satisfied with this setup. I also have a charger cable running from the 12v outlet in the console that can be used simultaneously with the audio cable. (That wouldn't be possible if I was using the 30 pin for audio out.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Install I've Done

Here is what I did and it worked great!

First you can buy the pins for the wire harness at autozone or radio shack. 16 gauge works fine.

When you pull the deck out, if you were looking from the behind at the harnesses, it would be the top left harness.

Unplug this harness. Next, I got a 3' cord for the 3mm line w/ the jack on both ends. I popped the cover off in the center consul between the two 12v plugs. I drilled a small hole just large enough to get the cord through. Pull the tray out in the back of the consul and this will help you to feed the cord forward.

Next, you'll what to pick up a spare piece of wire about 12'' long or so. This is going to be your ground wire. If you are looking into the hole where the radio just came out, on the bottom left you will see to 10mm bolts colored gold. Remove the left on( I used a 10mm socket, 3'' ext., u-joint, 6''ext., ratchet) and clean the end of your 12'' wire. Wrap it around the bolt and tighten back down. This is a nice clean ground and will allow you to charge your device and listen it at the same time. If you don't do this and you listen to your mp3 player, and try to charge, it won't sound properly, and distorts all the sound.

Then you will cut the other end of the 3mm jack off, and clean the wires up. Then get somehttp://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...ssortment/_/N-25oe?itemIdentifier=297440_0_0_ wire butt connectors, and the pins(if you can't find them at the store, buy a cheap-o wire harness and pull the pins from it that's and easy solution, and cheap). Then connect the red and whites to a pin, and the ground from the vehicle, and the ground from the 3mm jack in the same butt end. Now insert those into the harness.

Looking at the harness(wire end) the bottom left of the harness should be the white, then red, then skip a slot, and then the ground. snap the harness in, and re-assemble and you'll be in business.

This is the cleanest look and best finished product I have come up with so far, so enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
becaboy008 said:
like it supposed to be.
2) when i road you can ear the noise made by the car navigation system engin in the speaker

Best Regards
I am facing jack problem with Tribeca and need to replace it

·
Registered
119 Posts
I still have the PDF file for adding the auxiliary input to the older Tribecas. My members.cox.net web site (mentioned above) no longer works, but you can message me here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
kmartin said:
I still have the PDF file for adding the auxiliary input to the older Tribecas. My members.cox.net web site (mentioned above) no longer works, but you can message me here.
You guide was spot on. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
First time posting.
Just a quick Thank You to the forum for all of the information onthe 06 Tribeca’s and the ability to activate the AUX feed for cell phones and iPods. I provided all of the technical info to alocal Stereo Shop and 30 minutes (and $80.00) later the Stereo Shop had the AUXworking the way the Manufacturer should have with the connection under theconsole lid just like our 07 Tribeca.
Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 07 with the aux port already. Pretty much rendered a parts vehicle now. Question to be asked is would the wiring harness from 07 maybe plug into the 06 with no splicing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts