Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking at purchasing a 2006 B9,is there anything to be concerned about before I buy this vehicle ,I think it has a 3.0 lit engine ,I heard it has to run on higher octane fuel. is this true.

·
Registered
152 Posts
letsgob9 said:
Hello I am looking at purchasing a 2006 B9,is there anything to be concerned about before I buy this vehicle ,I think it has a 3.0 lit engine ,I heard it has to run on higher octane fuel. is this true.
I've run my 2007 on standard grade octane since new and it runs fine. I was told by Subaru I just wouldn't get the "full performance" from standard octane gasoline as the ECU would pull timing to compensate. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
awd_envy said:
I've run my 2007 on standard grade octane since new and it runs fine. I was told by Subaru I just wouldn't get the "full performance" from standard octane gasoline as the ECU would pull timing to compensate. I have no complaints.
If you can hold out for an 07, you'll be a little better off. There aren't many differences, but if you need an AUX jack, 2006 didn't get it. In 2007 they put the AUX in the center console.

As for Premium fuel you can run it on 87, but performance will be affected. In the grand scheme of things 91/93 isn't that much more expensive then 87. Also members have run MPG tests between octanes and 91/93 runs more efficient then 87. So in terms of fuel costs, it's a wash between the two octanes. IMO, just run 91/93 and enjoy the performance.

One issue that annoys most of us is the transmission. In regular mode, the trans hunts for gears and hesitates for a downshift when you go WOT. It gets annoying, but we've found that if you move it into Sport mode, that alleviates the problem.

Overall, the B9 is a great SUV. Handles great and you can't beat the AWD.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Indeed the B9 is a great SUV. I would hold out for the 07 b/c if you want the NAVI then with the 07 you get a back up cam, also with the 07 you get memory driver seat, possible built in sat. radio and the AUX . Also while searching you should try Craigslist.org, sometimes you find original owners and get a goood deal. The 3.0R engine on the 2006 and 2007 B9s are fine, the gear thing just sounds alittle weird, thats pretty much it and it seems the B9 likes to go fast, not so much slow haha, but again the B9 is a great SUV , and esp, from experience, is awesome in the snow, rain and offroad( somewhat off road, ive never been totally "off roading")

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.