Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My B9 has started to misfire quite badly but it’s only after I’ve been driving for about 30min. Up till then it goes perfectly, revs perfectly, accelerates perfectly.

It started after I put shield fuel system cleaner in the tank. I’m not sure that caused it however due to it running fine when the engine is cool. I’ve put new plugs in. When it’s playing up I can drive it at about 80km/h and he runs fine. It’s at higher revs it surges/misfires.

I’m wondering if it’s alternator/battery related. A friend suggested I check the breather tube in the tank and that’s clear as far as I can see. No vacuum sound when opening the tank when it’s playing up either.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Andrew

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are those all the codes from your vehicle? I've never heard of the shield fuel system cleaner, but since this started after that I would put that down as the culprit. First thing I would do is run this tank down real low and then fill up with some good non ethanol fuel and see what happens after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are those all the codes from your vehicle? I've never heard of the shield fuel system cleaner, but since this started after that I would put that down as the culprit. First thing I would do is run this tank down real low and then fill up with some good non ethanol fuel and see what happens after that.
Those are just the codes the guy who was looking at it sent me. He said I should take it to Subaru for them to have a look. I need to keep that as a last resort as that will be quite expensive As they‘re not close by and they charge a lot.

I’m on empty at the moment. I’ll give that a try and see what happens. Although if it’s the additive then I’d expect it to do it all the time and not after I’ve been traveling for a while.

I appreciate your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts