Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a B9 2006 and got some issues with the paint, my color is gold and it has some white shadows on the paint. The dealer inspect the car and mention that it was a paint problem so they re paint my B9.

Any other B9 owner w/ the same problem?:tdown:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Great to hear that the dealer gave into a repaint easily. Our 2007 paint seems to be ok.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about anyone with small rust spots? (I'm talking tiny pin head size, but still there nonetheless) Would these be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Our paint is ok still. Jonnyk...we do have one small rock chip that has a spec of rust, I gotta get it touched up ASAP!

If it really bothers you or is bad, you can try the corrosion resistance portion of the warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the champane gold as well. After cleaning the car today i noticed the shadows too. so i drove to the nearest pepboys got the turtle wax ice liquid clay and the liquid paste polish thinking it may come off but no. i even asked a friend for megs clay didn't work either. i will be going to the dealership tomorrow and see if this is a flaw on their paint and maybe get a free repaint aswell.:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another B9 Gold w/ paint issues

evolve_b9 said:
i have the champane gold as well. After cleaning the car today i noticed the shadows too. so i drove to the nearest pepboys got the turtle wax ice liquid clay and the liquid paste polish thinking it may come off but no. i even asked a friend for megs clay didn't work either. i will be going to the dealership tomorrow and see if this is a flaw on their paint and maybe get a free repaint aswell.:(
Evove_b9,

Just talk w/ the local Subaru Dealer and the got another Gold B9 (2006) w/ the same issues. Dealer will repaint entire B9 and will sent paint samples to Factory in order to RCA the issue. I sure hope is a paint/primer issues but you never know until the root cause analysis is complete.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm noticing some slight and unexpected oxidation occuring on top of my spoiler. I wash and wax and everything else seems okay (minus a couple of odd scratches by apparantly a dog or cat jumping up against the door). I have an '06 B9 Tribeca in Atlantic Blue Pearl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, I'm taking mine in to the dealer this Saturday to get it checked out. I spoke with a Subaru of America Rep and they stated its not a recall but they are repainting any Champagne Gold tribecas with ghosting problems. Also those that have had a repaint done already, did they do the entire car or just the panels that had ghosting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ghosting issues w/ Gold paint

Subaru dealer is doing my B9 now, they will repaint the whole SUV on the outside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jonnyk, I too have small pin size rust spots on my white '07 B9. Haven't been able to get rid of them. I have seen rust spots on many cars before but it usually comes off with a claybar and polish. Most of the time rust spots, if not from stone chips, come from rail dust, hot metalic particles released onto cars when tranported by train, or by hot meatilc particle released by your brakes. These particle are only on the surface and these seem to be coming through the paint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
stirrulespr said:
Subaru dealer is doing my B9 now, they will repaint the whole SUV on the outside.
that's good to hear. as for me i'm still waiting for the rep to come by to examine the car. i spoke to my dealer today and said they should come tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
kapadia666 said:
I have the same problem, I'm taking mine in to the dealer this Saturday to get it checked out. I spoke with a Subaru of America Rep and they stated its not a recall but they are repainting any Champagne Gold tribecas with ghosting problems. Also those that have had a repaint done already, did they do the entire car or just the panels that had ghosting?
I guess this is why the gold was discontinued?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same issue Gold 2006 - ghosting on the hood. Honestly, I do not want to repaint the car as they never can do a good enough job... I think I should decide what to do before the warranty expires...

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm just curious, but does someone think they can take a picture that captures the issue? Sorry to hear about this prob...paint obviously isn't an easy fix. Just curious what's going on. TIA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
HB_Dad said:
I guess this is why the gold was discontinued?
Gold Opal was changed into Harvest Gold in 2007

·
Registered
33 Posts
stirrulespr said:
I got a B9 2006 and got some issues with the paint, my color is gold and it has some white shadows on the paint. The dealer inspect the car and mention that it was a paint problem so they re paint my B9.

Any other B9 owner w/ the same problem?:tdown:
That crazy I had the same problem and Subaru painted the my over to. I had the same color.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did they do nice job? What did they remove from the car to paint?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are they actually painting the cars or just doing a clear coat? I just ask because it seems that its just a clear coat problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It IS the paint problem and not clearcoat. They need to sand down to the paint and re-apply paint. I was told that it was partially bad batch of pain from the manufacturer here in US and not fully "baked" or dry surface before the clearcoat application at the factory.

·
Registered
630 Posts
how did everyones 2006 gold B9s turn out...my b9 has about 50,000 miles and i really seeing these ghosting spots :( im going to go to the dealer to have them take pics and such...any advice?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts