Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi since a few months January) i change the bulb to the passenger side.
today both bulb are blowoff. i'll try to find out whats the problem but no answers.
i don'T touch the bulb at the installation and theres no vibration to the bulb.
after reading a few post on this site i think the DRL it's the problem..
i always put the hand break (more foot break) and in this case each time i start the B9 it's running on the DRL for a few time before i quite.

is it possible to remove the DRL on a B9 2006 ????

Best Regads

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Not possible to remove DRL. Just leave your headlights in the "on" position and the DRL will never light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Drl

I don't think anybody has come up with a practical way to disable the DRL's. Others like the Forrester and Impreza have modules that can be removed to get rid of the DRL function. I had a Celica that just needed a wire cut.

I'm not sure that the previous post of leaving the lights in the "on" position is the solution you are looking for since "lights on" and DRL (lower power on low beam) still keep the same low beam light on all the time. I've had my Tribeca for a few years now and have not changed a bulb yet. Change your bulbs, and if it happens again soon then you must have some underlying problem.

I've wanted to "delete" my DRL so I could switch them instead for an LED strip option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To disable the DRL module, simply remove the blue and yellow wire and pin from the connector that plugs into the DRL module that is located under the dash in the center of the car just above the drivers feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts