Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 2006 b9. It's winter here down in montreal, and I was wondering if there was a way to program the heated seats so they turn on when I start the car with my remote. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The heated seats have sensors in them that will only activate the heater if someone is sitting in the seat. That means even if you sit in the car and turn on the passenger warmer, it wont start warming until someone sits in the seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I recall (which isn't too good sometimes)...my daughter's Legacy seats warm up without someone sitting on them. At least you don't have to turn them on each time you get in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked with subi. No go... Because the button is electrical, it cant be programmed to stay on when the key isnt in the contact. My brothers seats in his tsx are always on because he has a knob that he turns... Bummer, looks like ill have to endure. Surprising, for a 50 grand truck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
^ That's interesting - So the seat heater button doesn't stay "engaged" when the ignition is turned off? Sortof limits the benefits of a remote starter system doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Subiesan said:
^ That's interesting - So the seat heater button doesn't stay "engaged" when the ignition is turned off? Sortof limits the benefits of a remote starter system doesn't it?
I guess that is the price you pay for an electronic button vs. a toggle switch like in my Impreza. Although, I can't say for sure if it warms up during remote start. It may just start warming when you sit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone experienced the problem of the heated seat NOT turning off? I have had to pull the fuse in order to get it off. While nice when getting into the car on a cold winter morning, it is really too hot once the car warms up. I saw Subaru and they offered no suggestions, but I think they really didn't want to investigate a possible electrical short...Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Mine always turns off when I turn it off manually or when we turn the car off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too like the heated seats during winter. The grid of electric heating elements installed below the upholstery plays a major role in the heating process. That’s amazing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts