Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey thanks for those, Toddster. That will make things easier. I did receive my Altima switch, just haven't had time to dive into that yet, still trying to get the engine back together. I did do a quick search for an Altima diagram. Looks like it may have a serial link, which could very well be an issue...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey thanks for those, Toddster. That will make things easier. I did receive my Altima switch, just haven't had time to dive into that yet, still trying to get the engine back together. I did do a quick search for an Altima diagram. Looks like it may have a serial link, which could very well be an issue...

Hey no problems. Thank you for posting the Altima diagram!

Can you explain why a serial link would be a problem? I guess I don't understand...Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm no expert on serial ink systems, but i'm assuming the window master switch CPU (doesn't that seem ridiculous in itself?) may have to "check in" with the ECM to make sure everything's hunky-dory before it does anything...

·
Registered
837 Posts
That is probably correct, as in my Legacy, any time the battery is removed I have to cycle the window up and down before the auto feature works, so there is probably some type of encoder attached to the motor to allow the window control or BIU to see when it is up or down fully.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Scott,

Some of the pin-outs on the board were different than the Tribeca's switch.

I've done the "check-in" with multiple Subarus, but the Altima switch in our Tribeca was 100% non-responsive to any window functions and like I said, some of the window switches were actually activating the door locks, so there's some switched pins in there, too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There's two features I miss from my former Audi A4:
  1. Auto up/down for passengers windows (the driver one has it already)
  2. Windows lock bypassed by the driver commands.

With my old car I could lock passenger windows, and then close them, since the lock applied only to each single switch. Now I have to close the windows before locking them. If you have young children, that can be very usefull.

But the auto up/down for the other 3 windows, is what I miss more!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Old thread, but here's the solution. The switch with auto-up is available as a replacement part. The number is 83071XA05A . Just got it in the mail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just replaced switch unit this morning with new as above. Easy job! After removing screw in door pull recess was able to remove assembly with just my fingers from back to front. Rest was straight forward. Nice to have both auto up and down now.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts