Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Tribeca with the audio controls on the steering wheel. For some reason the up and down controls only allow me to seek through the FM Stations and will not allow me to go up and down through the presets. All other cars seem to allow access to the presets from the steering wheel controls. Does anyone know of a way to set it up so I can scroll through the presets and not seek from the audio controls on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Huh, I've never noticed that. Although it's my wife's car so I don't drive it as much. My truck has the radio controls on the steering wheel. When I do the up and down it scans to the next station (not preset). But if I press the middle of the rocker button it goes to the next preset. I'll try that the next time I'm in the car and see if it works the same.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. In my Impreza it scrolls through the presets.

·
Registered
345 Posts
While driving Becca the other day I thought I'd try pressing the middle of the rocker button to see if it would go to the next preset (see my previous post). But pressing the center of the rocker doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried holding the up or down seek buttons for a couple seconds and that doesn't work. My Mazda's have the preset change on the button, but if you hold down the button for 3 seconds it will seek in that directions. It was worth a try, but no dice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Just got a Tribeca recently (our third Subaru), and thought I would check out these forums. I noticed the same thing about the audio controls, and wish they would cycle through presets instead. Is there a way to reprogram them at all? Where would I get the wiring info for them?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I don't believe so - Honestly I see what Subaru's engineers were thinking - you already have nice, big, numbered buttons for the presets, so why do you need to access them on the steering wheel? Using the seek function, however, is much easier/safer on the steering wheel than hitting the button on the dash while driving.

Not arguing with anybody about their preference or anything, it just makes sense to me.

My wife's Jeep that we had before the Tribeca would go through presets on FM with the toggle button, but would only skip discs (6 disc changer) using it on the CD. That was truly WTF.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts