Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have added 1 picture of the lights connected up.

I'm thinking of trying something different. How hot does those Audi's look with those day time LED running lights. Well out Tribeca's have the perfect spot for them on the wing part of our grill. Should I give it a go and try and get something to fit. On ebay you can actually buy the Audi strip LED light, and I should be able to modify it to fit. Do a search on ebay for "Audi LED" and tell me what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Interesting idea. Would you run that to a switch or directly to the DRL's? I wouldn't mind seeing it done. Give it a try!

Here's a pic of what I believe he is talking about.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats it, how good would that look. It should fit in our wings ok. I think I would run it straight to our DRL's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've decided to give it a go, I will buy a set off ebay this week and get them fitted, I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good luck, it think it'll look pretty bad ass:tup:

Let us know how much all the parts run ya

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hum said:
I've decided to give it a go, I will buy a set off ebay this week and get them fitted, I will keep you posted.
Can you tell me how you found them on ebay, or if you have a item number.

·
Registered
552 Posts
puffyy said:
Can you tell me how you found them on ebay, or if you have a item number.
:D As it says in the OP, just search "Audi LED" on ebay. You'll at least find what Magic_Marker posted as i found that as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have finally recieved the lights fom Germany. Would you believe they are nearly a perfect fit for our Tribeca. I will have them fitted in the next few weeks with photos up soon. I can't wait. I'm hooking them up so they are on all the time. Also when I unlock my car they will come on with my puddle lights.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Awesome...good to hear your still on the job:tup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hum said:
I have finally recieved the lights fom Germany. Would you believe they are nearly a perfect fit for our Tribeca. I will have them fitted in the next few weeks with photos up soon. I can't wait. I'm hooking them up so they are on all the time. Also when I unlock my car they will come on with my puddle lights.
Hurry up and get it done ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Speaking of Audi LEDs, an new A5 passed me this morning...I couldn't help but be mesmerized by the LEDs as it was coming up in my rearview mirror!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Speaking of Audi LEDs, an new A5 passed me this morning...I couldn't help but be mesmerized by the LEDs as it was coming up in my rearview mirror!
Yeah I've seen Audi's around here with them. If you notice, when you turn on the turn signal, that side's LED bar turns off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I'd give you guys some teaser shots before the big install next week. How good a match does that look?

ebay 020.jpg

ebay 021.jpg

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow, nice...you're right they are a near perfect fit/width. Which Audi are those sourced from RS6/S8?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Agreed, wow. Looks like it was made for it. I'm guessing you are going to attach it via double sided automotive tape? Be sure to do a DIY with pics.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
snork said:
Wow, nice...you're right they are a near perfect fit/width. Which Audi are those sourced from RS6/S8?
They are from the S6, they can be purchased on ebay. I'm busting to get these fitted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Magic Marker said:
Agreed, wow. Looks like it was made for it. I'm guessing you are going to attach it via double sided automotive tape? Be sure to do a DIY with pics.
I'm going to remove the bumper the install them from behind, I'm really wanting a factory look. I will cut out part of the grill to get a perfect fit. Don't worry I'll post pics.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts