Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brilliant me. I just picked up a set of unused Tribeca cross bars from Craigslist for my 2010 Tribeca. When I met the guy, I Googled the part number (E361SXA000) printed on the end of the box and the internet sent me to this page:

The page has three photos -- two of them show cross bars mounted to the roof rails that I have on my car. One photo, which I didn't notice at the time, shows two fixed roof rails mounted on a car with no existing roof rails. Now, when I look carefully at the webpage, the last 3 digits of the part number are "400", not "000". I think Google was "doing me a favor" by sending me to the closest matching page it could find, which was for the E361SXA400. I didn't notice this, and was happy to see the page confirm that the part fits my car.

Now I have a set of cross bars that are apparently designed for a Tribeca without longitudinal roof bars.

So, a word of advice:

If you have a Tribeca without any rails on the roof (maybe all B9 Tribecas?), you apparently want a E361SXA000, which is a set of fixed crossbars that screw into mounting spots on your roof.
If you have a Tribeca WITH rails that run front to back (maybe all of the 2nd generation Tribecas?), but want cross-bars, then you want E361SXA400. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Why the heck do all the Subaru parts websites show the same 3 photos, two of which are the A400, and one of which is the A000, on the same product page?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check this out....official Subaru website, with the part number that's on the end of the box, and the photo is showing the wrong item. Website confirms that it fits my 2010 Tribeca. Bummer that I bought it from a person and not the dealership. The title DOES say "fixed position", but the photo doesn't show that part. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Snoutmeat, this is kind of random would you be interested in selling the 000 fixed version? I have an 06 and cannot find these in stock anywhere.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Brilliant me. I just picked up a set of unused Tribeca cross bars from Craigslist for my 2010 Tribeca. When I met the guy, I Googled the part number (E361SXA000) printed on the end of the box and the internet sent me to this page:

The page has three photos -- two of them show cross bars mounted to the roof rails that I have on my car. One photo, which I didn't notice at the time, shows two fixed roof rails mounted on a car with no existing roof rails. Now, when I look carefully at the webpage, the last 3 digits of the part number are "400", not "000". I think Google was "doing me a favor" by sending me to the closest matching page it could find, which was for the E361SXA400. I didn't notice this, and was happy to see the page confirm that the part fits my car.

Now I have a set of cross bars that are apparently designed for a Tribeca without longitudinal roof bars.

So, a word of advice:

If you have a Tribeca without any rails on the roof (maybe all B9 Tribecas?), you apparently want a E361SXA000, which is a set of fixed crossbars that screw into mounting spots on your roof.
If you have a Tribeca WITH rails that run front to back (maybe all of the 2nd generation Tribecas?), but want cross-bars, then you want E361SXA400. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Why the heck do all the Subaru parts websites show the same 3 photos, two of which are the A400, and one of which is the A000, on the same product page?
Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts