Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of installing some OE Mud Guards. Anyone have them? Comments on installation? I haven't seen anyone with them locally. Post up pics if you have them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have them. I'll try to get pics tonight.
They are VERY small. They fit well with the existing trim, but are so tiny as to be almost useless, they only extened down a couple inches.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Doesn't Peaty have an installation page on those ? I am debating whether to have them installed on our Beca; besides, I have no Subie bucks left so I have to wait.

As far the length goes, I have installed them on my Legacy Wagon and they do their job just fine yet are not too visible and therefore do not ruin the looks of the car. Me like :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bionicbadger said:
I have them. I'll try to get pics tonight.
They are VERY small. They fit well with the existing trim, but are so tiny as to be almost useless, they only extened down a couple inches.
Hmmm. I think I may stil do it. I never like mud guards on cars, but I think they look good on SUV's. Thanks for posting pics.

I just saw Peaty's DIY and holy crap there are a lot of parts. Is it even worth all that effort?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you happen to have the puddle lights, make certain you know exactly where the wires are before you start drilling. My dealer even managed to zap a wire when they installed my flaps :-(

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
160 Posts
kmartin said:
If you happen to have the puddle lights, make certain you know exactly where the wires are before you start drilling. My dealer even managed to zap a wire when they installed my flaps :-(

-Karen in AZ-
Uooohh. That hurts. I'd be doing this by myself and it would not be a pleasant surprise. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts