Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you did it yourself, what did it entail?

If you paid someone to do it, what did they charge?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I see you aren't getting any response. I did not replace the mounts, but have thought about doing it eventually. Here's my understanding of the process. You have to raise the engine so the mounting studs clear the cross-member. The only place to apply the jack seems to be the oil pan. Hopefully it will not deform if you use a wide piece of wood and some rags. At least the oil pan is easy to replace on this engine. Exhaust will have to be disconnected. Looks like the best way would be to remove the Y-pipe completely. So you'd need new gaskets (two at cylinder heads + donut) and also a set of bolts/nuts/springs for the flexible joint. Each mount is attached to the engine by three bolts. Two are threaded into the block just next to the cylinder head, in the very back, and one (innermost) into the upper oil pan. I suppose all three should be accessible with a ratchet once the engine is raised. Now, with exhaust out of the way, it would also make sense to replace the transmission mount. Perhaps the spark plugs as well, since it would be much easier when the engine is raised?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts