Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend may be getting a new job soon and will be driving the B9 on the highway a lot more then we do now. I figure the hood deflector would be a good investment to save it from some rock chipping.

Anyone here have the OEM one installed? How do you like it? Is it easy to wash around it or can you just remove it when you detail the B9? Oh on the install, does the deflector just "float" over the hood or are there small rubber nubs that sit on the hood?

Anyone have an aftermarket one? How do you like it? How's the fitment?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peaty, we can always count on you. Have you seen any other aftermarket deflectors?

·
449 Posts
I honestly haven't checked to see if there are any aftermarket ones. I kind of doubt it since the B9 isn't a high volume vehicle. I would most likely not be in the best interest of an aftermarket company to go though the trouble of designing one. The OEM one fits perfectly and in all honesty isn't all that expensive.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had clear bra installed on our B9.

·
449 Posts
I have a clear bra on my Forster (scoobymods page in the foreste exterior section) and it's great. It won't take a hard rock shot like the deflector, I've managed to get a few dents in my foresters aluminum hood though the clear bra, but it still works and looks great. With the clear bra you can get a lot more coverage too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife and I have a white 2006 with the deflector and LOVE the look of it. Seems to work well too! I say its worth the $

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pjman said:
My wife and I have a white 2006 with the deflector and LOVE the look of it. Seems to work well too! I say its worth the $
My gf said it would look like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle b/c it would look like a headband. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can I take the Tribeca through a normal (non-touchless) carwash with the hood deflector or do I need to go only touchless from now on? I'll only handwash the car when it gets warmer.

·
449 Posts
I can't say I've never gone though one with mine. I only go to the wand spray type if I don't do it by hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts