Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
46k on a 2008,
seem to have delveloped a leak on the front and side(only seepage)
the engine undercover was coated with a film of oil/dirt after an oil change

appears above the oil cooler

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Powertrain Limited Warranty

POWERTRAIN COVERAGE for all models is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Subject to the exclusions listed in this warranty, it covers the major powertrain components listed below.
Powertrain Coverage Components

Engine
Engine block and all internal parts
Cylinder heads and valve trains
Oil pump, oil pan
Timing belts or gears and cover
Water pump
Flywheel
Intake and exhaust manifolds
Oil seals and gaskets***********************

looks like its covered will keep you posted

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hope so
what im worried about is that the oil cooler is covered with oil from the top seal.

pretty sure that the $300+
oil cooler is not listed in the 5/60 of powertrain warrenty

·
Registered
119 Posts
changes are that it is if Subaru installed it, but if the top seal is what is leaking and there is nothing wrong with your cooler, then after the seal is replaced, all you need is some good grease spray cleaner with a strong water hose to clean up the mess.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had my timing chain cover re-sealed. It took the dealer quite a while to do. They had the Beca several days to make sure they got it right.
Under 36K, but that's irrelevant. Zero charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
an update
took to dealer and they confirmed a WARRENTY COVERED leak apparent
just like i thought
the oil cooler seal was replaced for now.
tech advised that possible that front cover seal also leaking, but tech could only clean and blow out for now. i was told to keep an eye on it and if indeed does leak again, would come back for this covered work.

for seals, i was advised that was 2 day job. small amt for parts but most of the cost of repair would be labor.

will let everyone know.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
This seems to be a real issue with the Tribeca.......I have a 2010 with only 7000 miles, but is this seal issue something to look forward to ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^beauty of forums like this!!!!

i plan on taking pix of now(just after the dealership cleaning) and later(2weeks or so) to show the front seal is leaking

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just had an oil seal leak as well, car is 5 years old but they still looked after me and did it under warranty. Wasn't a big leak just noticed a few drops on the garage floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.