Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be a cool thing to do. Don't think mine would make it but curious about your experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it would be a cool thing to do. Don't think mine would make it but curious about your experience.
I took mine to Mexico and back to Michigan twice, over the last two Christmases, last time going 2 days of driving deep into Mexico. I bought my '06 Beca at 199999, so tried to get it ready as best I could. On the first trip, while we were driving through some rough town roads in Italy, Texas, one of my rear struts came apart. AAA towed it 100 miles in the wrong direction back to the Subi dealer in Dallas, they gave me a loaner for the day, fixed her up, and we were on our way, no problems for the rest of that trip. 2nd trip in 2019, she started to overheat well into Mexico. One of the coolant hoses burst, but the Mexicans hooked me up quick, even at 11 p.m. on a Sunday, from a gas station they went out and found me a hose, sent us on our way for cheap. Did some offroading, carried 9 passengers for several day trips. Sitting for 3 hours in the customs line to get back into the states, another hose burst. We coasted into customs, then waddled a mile to an auto parts shop. The clerk knew a guy, bought my thermostat replacement, and he had us on our way in an hour, but told my daughter she had to invite him to her wedding when she comes of age. Back to Michigan, no problem, except my wife accidentally left the younger daughter at a reststop in Missouri, I think I topped out at 115 when I woke up and found out she wasn't in the car and took the wheel. I'm at almost 240,000, it throws p0303 at me, still working on it. Terrible gas milage, but great in the snow and great acceleration when I need it, I'll drive her til she dies.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wowow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts