Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2008 Tribeca, with a GPS, DVD and backup cam. I love my Tribeca. The only little annoying thing is that the FM audio system does not tell you the name of the station you are listening to, much less the details of the songs being played. Even my wife's Impreza has this.

My hope is that enough Tribeca owners raise a stink about this, and/or Subaru decides to release a firmware update on the software that's behind the audio system/ program. Maybe there's one out there already? does anyone have any ideas/ thoughts/ experiences on this? Are you guys annoyed with this feature too?

I have attached a pic of the version number of the software. It says "3100 (c) 2004 Kenwood Corporation; 2006 v2".

Please share your thoughts! :tup: :tdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
I recently update the Nav software to version 3. Unfortunately there are no new changes to the interface, features, or additions. Just updated map info. As I've said before, this Nav system is pretty archaic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brien said:
I recently update the Nav software to version 3. Unfortunately there are no new changes to the interface, features, or additions. Just updated map info. As I've said before, this Nav system is pretty archaic.
Thanks for the info. How did you upgrade the software to v3??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
552 Posts
It shouldn't mess up your stored locations, the DVD is just the map database...you can't store more memory on a DVD considering it is read-only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts