Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just turned in my 2006 Leased Tribeca, my residual was almost $20000, but the actual value of the car was more like $13,000 to $14,000 on trade so no sense in getting a loan and buying it:tdown: . The vehicle had been such a great family wagon we got my wife a slightly used (Subaru reps demo car w/7000 miles) 2008 Newport Blue Limited with Nav and DVD:) . We have three kids 12, 9 and 3 and love to roadtrip and tow a pop-up camping trailer. The new Tribeca has every single option that could be put on the car. My wife loves the redesign with the larger mirrors, more power and now she has the Ipod input (she works for Apple Computers).. Anyway I will post pics soon but the car is filthy now because its been snowy and rainy here in the Pacific Northwest for a few days now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice...how does the iPod input work with the navi? Mostly interested to know how it shows up on the screen, ie: shows song/artist/playlist info?

TIA!

·
Registered
54 Posts
For future reference (I will be in the same lease boat with a high residual), the residual values are not set in stone. I recommend taking the Tribeca in a few days before the due date and seeing if you can get an auction quote from the dealer. Then you go home and call up the finance company and dicker over the residual value (if you want to hold onto the car). They are between a rock and a hard place on taking back the Tribecas that have depreciated much faster than the leases were set for (dealer admitted this to me). I know that 06 Tribecas go for a dealer asking price of 16,999 at the local dealer and they have plenty of them. Thus it is ludicrous for them to expect somebody to pay off the residual at 20K.

There may be lots of posturing by the dealer and finance company to convince you otherwise but putting some auction quotes and other dealer quotes in front of them will change their tune.

·
Registered
345 Posts
snork said:
Nice...how does the iPod input work with the navi? Mostly interested to know how it shows up on the screen, ie: shows song/artist/playlist info?

TIA!
It is simply an audio port, not an iPod/iPhone dock. Therefore, no information is shown on the Nav screen.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Brien said:
It is simply an audio port, not an iPod/iPhone dock. Therefore, no information is shown on the Nav screen.
But there is a new iPod integration kit available, but I don't believe it can be used if you have Satellite

At any rate, glad you got a good deal on an 08.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Magic Marker said:
But there is a new iPod integration kit available, but I don't believe it can be used if you have Satellite

At any rate, glad you got a good deal on an 08.
Yeah, this is what I thought:( Although I may contemplate giving up the factory XM for the iPod integration kit.

Right now we use our iPod/iPhone through the regular aux jack under the armrest as well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Yeah, this is what I thought:( Although I may contemplate giving up the factory XM for the iPod integration kit.

Right now we use our iPod/iPhone through the regular aux jack under the armrest as well.
Get rid of the satellite. I had it for 3 years and never really used it to its full potential. I cancelled it, saved $12/ month and actually use my iPods now.

I have to say that being able to control the iPod through the steering wheel control makes it so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
552 Posts
!!! Not compatible with Satellite Radio or Rear entertainment system!!!! ***Note: 4th Generation Nano and 2nd Generation iPhone will not recharge when connected to the iPod Interface Kit.
All other functions are still supported
Doh...well I never actually looked up the iPod kit info. Currently my wife has a 4th gen Nano and I have an iPhone 3G (2nd gen) and iPod touch 2nd gen. And this kit effectively won't work with all three of these:tdown:

I also have RSE and sat radio so I guess it really won't do me any good.:(

·
Registered
345 Posts
As nice as the iPod integration would be, we don't use our iPhones in the car enough to warrant the cost. Now if Subie (or someone) would come out with a Bluetooth integration kit for the stereo we'd buy it in a heartbeat.

P.S. Becca got her spring wash and hand wax today. She looks as good as new.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all

Thanks for chiming in all, I forgot to check in here for a while. The aux-in does act as a low tech bluetooth or hands-free system. It doesn't allow control of the music through the head unit, nor does any scrolling of text appear on the screen. We knew about being able to negotiate the residual but even though I do prefer the front end design of the 06-07 body style, I like the upgrades in power and visibility in the 2008, plus I got my wife the 2006 and she didn't get leather or nav, and I got a deal on a black one which she thought was boring. Mine was the only 7 pass non limited, non-nav with the rear seat dvd system that I'd ever seen, it also had the all weather package. The mileage seems to be a couple MPG lower, but luckily she drives a short distance to work. She curbed our 20" wheels and cut one sidewall and bubbled/blistered a second one, so I'm currently looking for options in a set of rubber to go on the rims.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Brien said:
As nice as the iPod integration would be, we don't use our iPhones in the car enough to warrant the cost. Now if Subie (or someone) would come out with a Bluetooth integration kit for the stereo we'd buy it in a heartbeat.

P.S. Becca got her spring wash and hand wax today. She looks as good as new.
I have one of these for the Beca. Works well as a speaker phone. If you want to run your iPod with it, get the BT adapter. A bunch of them on Amazon.

MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts