Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am joining the club with an '08 imported from Great Falls, Montana to my place close to Edmonton.

I saved a ton of money with the difference in US vs. Canadian prices as well as the stong Canadian dollar. The Tribeca wasn't even an option for me here as the cost was out of my range.

I love the vehicle with its quiet ride and firm handling and the interior is great. I have been testing the 4wd and stablity control with all of the snow and ice here and am very impressed.

I have already been searching through this site and it has been very helpful. Thanks for a great resource and for all of the enthusiastic and knowledgeable contributors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats to you as well... by the sounds of things, it seems there have been a few of us canucks that have recently done the import thing. Hope your enjoying yours!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Congrats. Seems like there are more Canadians here then others. At any rate, glad to hear that you are enjoying your Tribeca. Be sure to contribute to the board when you learn something new or install a new accessory.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. I rarely see Tribecas around here, which make mine more appealing. We just has a heavy snowfall and the vehicle is handling it great. I am supprized that I can get the tail end to swing out when going around slick corners, as I thought that the stability control would limit this.

I don't plan on any mods until spring, when I intent on installing the puddle lights. Great thread on this topic which I will refer to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
congrats on the purchase.

I have to say the traction control and VDC really suck. ( they suck in that they do exactly what they are supposed to i guess)
I'm not used to it at all. I always drive with the traction control turned off.
I hate trying to shoot across 2 lanes of traffic in the snow and feel as if the engine stalled halfway across.

That said it brakes much easier than my impreza. I have never had the backend slide out even under emergency braking. While my impreza even with ABS hangs the back end out all over the place.
Also starting from a stop requires no effort and in a fairly straight line. Again my impreza gets all squirley even with the diff in locked position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts