Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Just picked up a 7pax 06' Limited (non nav) to replace MrsRotorflyr's 97' LegOb that blew a head gasket @ 172,000mi (I may try and repair it for use as a beater).

Got her from a local dealer who originally leased the car and has done all the service on it, which meant we paid a tiny bit more then we might have otherwise (but not much) and less then I've seen other's with higher mileage go for (she has 26k on it)

The Beca is our 3rd Subie (the 2nd being my 92 SVX) and I'm sure won't be our last.

She has a few scratches in the paint but nothing major and to be expected with a 3+yr old car (I'm sure I can buff most of them out)

She came with puddle lights :clap: and the front bumper under-guard, also has the rear bumper cover.

We'll probably add a factory hitch (as I like the flush to bumper look) and DVD player (still trying to figure out if the RSE/AUX button will be usable) and I'm likey going to get a second set of rims for winter tires.

Saw a set of 08' stock rims for cheap (universal tpms sensors available?)

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome aboard!

And just FYI, the OEM RSE DVD player requires the built-in navi. So that's unfortunately a no go:( There is a mod for the 06 that adds an aux audio input, search for "kmartin" she did a nice write-up guide, but I'm also not positive that it too requires the navi to accomplish:(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Looking at adding an aftermarket DVD player (not retrofitting the oem) and one installer I spoke to said they should be able to wire the set up into the AUX switch (I'll do a search for kmartins write up to see if it simplifies things)

Also going to put Sat radio into it (will use the fm modulator set up) as MrsRotorflyr is already missing having Sirius.

Not really planing on using the hitch for towing (though you never know), want to use it mainly for a hitch mount bike carrier (as I don't like the roof-top carriers), might also get a cargo box at some point.

I did get the second set of rims (off an 08) that will be used for winter tires and may consider the Aero Bars, but like the clean lines of the roof without them. We do want the sun-roof deflector and probably the bug shield if I can snag them at a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts