Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I am new to this site and must say that I am very glad it exists. We are all enthusiasts of a GREAT car and I am looking forward to giving and receiving information to all mermbers of the group. I have an annoying issue going on with my 06 Tribeca. The car has 66,800 miles on it. It has been a flawless car. The only thing I have ever done up until the last few weeks is replace the front breake pads. While driving recently on a highway, I felt a vibration come over the car. Almost like a flat tire. No indicator light came on indicating a problem with one of the tires. There was a clear vibration though almost like something broke. I broght the car to my delaership and we replaced one of the control arm bushings, a right from wheel bearing and four tires. The original tires made it to 66,000! After all of these repairs, I still have this annoying vibration that is noticeable in my drivers seat. It feels like it is coming from the back end of the car. Does anyone think it is related to the torque converter? Something in the drivetrain? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
630 Posts
hmm idk about the back of the car, maybe have your dealer search in the back of the car for something loose, or check the drivetrain/converter? hope all goes well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used B9 (36k Miles) and just recently, had the same problem and currently have a torque converter back ordered. The dealer I brought it to said they've changed out a couple TCs already and didn't hesitate to order a new one for me after a short test drive (with me driving). Not only do I get an odd vibration (especially on low incline hills) but I sometimes get a clicking sound (almost like engine ping). I'm hoping that will be cured by the new TC (I did check and it is a different part number than the original so I'm hoping they've improved the design)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts